Udated on my baby sun conure calcifer

Kakyoinlover

Aug 21, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I have resolved the heat lamp problem. I got a 100 watt ceramic heat emitter with no light. This has brought up a question. Is this gonna make this big of a cage warm enough? They are always on the green perch or the bridge.
20210828_072944.jpg

Attachments

• 20210828_072940.jpg
    20210828_072940.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 59

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
it's good for them to be able to move towards the warmth or away.

But this could be a lack of space and perch options.

You need to save up and keep an eye out for a much larger cage. A bird this size needs more room.
But you can add several short perches in different places around the cage. My GCC loves to jump from perch to perch. You want to maximize use of the whole cage. I like those chewable calcium perches as they are short, as are some if the concrete ones. Or cut the end off of a wood one to make it about 5 inches long

OP
Kakyoinlover

Kakyoinlover

Aug 21, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
it's good for them to be able to move towards the warmth or away.

But this could be a lack of space and perch options.

You need to save up and keep an eye out for a much larger cage. A bird this size needs more room.
But you can add several short perches in different places around the cage. My GCC loves to jump from perch to perch. You want to maximize use of the whole cage. I like those chewable calcium perches as they are short, as are some if the concrete ones. Or cut the end off of a wood one to make it about 5 inches long
Yeah I planned on getting some natural wood perches last night but nowhere in my town had any :(. With the toys I got bird safe materials to make so toys out of. Thank you for the advice :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts