Ummmm.... Guys.... Albie just suprised me immensely!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
And I'm devastated I didn't video it for proof!

So. We have these little jelly pots thatt albie loves right? Once he empties them he tosses them to the bottom of his cage.

Today he retrieved one of them, filled it with water from his water dish, very carefully took it over to his pellet dish and dumped it over the pellets!

It's the first time we have seen him do this, we just stared in utter disbelief and amazement!

How and where could he possibly have learnt this? Or is he just being a Mr smarty pants?

I'm still stunned!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Sounds like he likes his drinking water clean but still wanted to make some birdie soup! smart little fella
Good theory, but I'm not sure it applies to albie, he's 2 and is more than happy to bath and drink in birdie soup even when he has a perfectly good fountain that he adores (he had a very very vile birdie soup bath 2 days ago 🤮 it was full of birdie bread and pellets and nutriberries .... I promptly gave him a sink bath to freshen up)

I do agree, he's incredibly smart!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
WOW, he's amazing! Such a smart boy! Thanks for another wonderful Albie story!

Miles

Dec 16, 2021
Media
Virginia, USA
Parrots
Miles, Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure
My goodness how funny! My GCC Miles is peculiar with his food and water. He won't drink dirty water, but he won't eat his food without dunking it in his water first. And he eats dry pellets which make a big mess when they get wet. So I have to redo his water right after he eats so he'll drink it!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
That is one smart parrot you have there my friend. Intelligence varies within each species ( same as humans); I'd say Albie is on the forward side of the bell curve.
Of course I'd end up with the smarty pants one that can cause so much mischief!

He makes life so much fun, I wouldn't change him for the world 😊

I just worry about how smart he is and if I'm making his life as enriched as possible so he doesn't get bored

Most Reactions

Latest posts