Under cage litter ideas

JayInTheJungle

Mar 6, 2022
Bolivia
Parrots
"Rosemary" Red-and-green macaw (Ara chloropterus)
I just had a cage custom built here since Macaw cages are not readily available. I had a big tray put under for catching droppings. Any suggestions on what I could put in there for easy clean up and adsorption of droppings? I'm in the middle of nowhere in South America so I don't have access to fancy pet products, I have to go with locally available things. I'm considering rice hulls.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
As so well stated above, New Paper is great!! When the Old Folks complete reading the daily news, ask them for the News Paper to place under your Parrot as your Parrot loves to comment on the editorial section! It allows you to meet individuals that you may not normally come in contain with. They will also direct you to others that also read the local or regional news paper.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Well i use brown paper/cardboard paper it works very well for me
3c0d861b1fee3b7e8f21df8bb38b6d8f.jpg

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
I always used news papers /advertising papers mainly over the years. Paper in general makes for easier cleaning long as big enough,

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
All the news(paper) fit to poop on ! Free in most countries, especially advertising papers! I line Saltys cage and his boing with them.

Most Reactions