Update on Gemini & Leo

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
After posting about New Babies, we did in fact have eggs, but the silly little soul would not lay in the nest box, instead she just let them drop to the bottom of the cage again. Anyway made her a tray up for the bottom of the cage and place it where she was dropping the eggs, then she dropped more eggs............... in a different place from where she has always droped them:33: Maybe she knew something that we didn't about these eggs! Anyway we have left the nest box and they will go in there, we make it a point to stay out. When shes ready I'm sure she will lay her eggs in the right place!

bubbles

Feb 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels, budgies, 28s, princess parrots, ringnecks, plumheads, Red Rumped Grass Parrots, Lovebirds.
Hi, Im new to this forum but have been breeding cockatiels for awhile and i was wondering how old this pair are and whether you had seen them mating. Also are they handraised pets or aviary bred. Because if shes too young she might make mistakes like this also if she hasnt mated with the male she might also dispose of the eggs as they would be infertile. I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on :)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Welcome to Parrots Forum Bubbles, nice to have you here, look forward to seeing pics of your birds, we all love pics here.

Anyway, to answer your questions,
Yes Gemini and Leo have been mating, Leo is around 3 now maybe even 3 1/2, I think the thing is she is very young and just doesn't really know what to do. Before when she laid eggs, we didn't have a nest box in as we were told they were two boys, I had my doubts (before the egg laying) and had them DNA sexed, I male 1 female. We didn't have any intentions of breeding, so if it happens it happens, if not thats okay too. They are getting used to the nest box so maybe next time she'll go in there.

Look forward to talking to you again soon.

bubbles

Feb 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels, budgies, 28s, princess parrots, ringnecks, plumheads, Red Rumped Grass Parrots, Lovebirds.
It would be the age thing for sure then :) well good luck hopefully she will start laying in the nesting box as its not good for them to continuously lay. :)

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Welcome Bubbles. I don't breed tiels but look forward to hearing from you about them. If you can, post some pictures!

Michael

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This was her second clutch of 3 eggs, the first one she had 2 eggs, Thanks its always nice to have someone round who does breed these birds Look forward to seeing pics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts