Update post on 2nd Clutch of Macaws! Rehomed the female and have the 2 males left

Sep 4, 2022
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw Breeding Pair
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this August 2022
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this October 2022
Got a clutch of 3 of amazing beautiful Scarlet Macaws that I have been documenting on my profile from egg to hatch and progression. I want to get rid of two macaws. 4 month old Scarlet macaws.
AMAZING, beautiful, healthy little babies that were hand raised from shell and hand fed with the best diet of foods from start. High end baby formula to fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, pellets, and treats.
Have documentation of daily pictures to weight recording all the way till around age 70 with most feathers grown out.
They do not have their wings clipped and are barely flight trained for indoors. All amazing temperaments and can be perfect pet birds. Still babies so can easily bond with new owners and live out their entire lives with you!

Last edited:
OP
MacawBeginnerandLover
Sep 4, 2022
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw Breeding Pair
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this August 2022
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this October 2022
61AF467E-7017-4FC7-A055-7E89EB68E04B.jpeg

Attachments

• 52C96959-6E16-4F51-B8E1-BEA5822D04F0.jpeg
    52C96959-6E16-4F51-B8E1-BEA5822D04F0.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 234D8D7C-A1ED-42D8-8995-AF084E8E5897.jpeg
    234D8D7C-A1ED-42D8-8995-AF084E8E5897.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 50

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What beautiful babies! I hope you're able to find wonderful homes for them:)

TRBLMKR

Feb 4, 2023
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
You just had to go and put this right here. Not nice, lol. If only these crazy galahs hadn't jumped up in my house.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I'm sorry, but I have to put this here. I'm just getting a gut feeling that someone is going to make a very impulsive decision based on this post.

Macaws are a LOT of work. They're like little kids with branch cutters attached to their faces. They aren't just cute, cuddly, perfect all the time. If you get a baby, you'll have a sweet, perfect little bird, but then puberty will come and there will be changes, many of which most humans will view as "very negative". They're not bad birds, but they are a LOT of work, very expensive, and require a lot of time and effort (Did I mention they're EXPENSIVE?). So please don't see this post and think "If I get a macaw, it will have all these positive attributes that I want, that greatly outweigh the negative attributes". If that were true, everyone who could afford a macaw would have one, which is not the case.

I guess what I'm trying to say is:
-Don't impulse buy a macaw or ANY parrot (even budgies).
-Do a ton of research. A ton.
-Recognize that the bird will have traits that are undesirable to you, or even unbearable in some cases, and ask yourself if you are willing to work with/through those to have a bird.
-Realize that they require an immense amount of time, energy, and money. You cannot just lock them up in a cage all day. And they need toys, a good diet, etc. Plus, vet bills. You need an avian vet, not just some random exotic vet that knows very little about birds. So that is going to cost money. A fair bit of money too.

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I'm sorry, but I have to put this here. I'm just getting a gut feeling that someone is going to make a very impulsive decision based on this post.

Macaws are a LOT of work. They're like little kids with branch cutters attached to their faces. They aren't just cute, cuddly, perfect all the time. If you get a baby, you'll have a sweet, perfect little bird, but then puberty will come and there will be changes, many of which most humans will view as "very negative". They're not bad birds, but they are a LOT of work, very expensive, and require a lot of time and effort (Did I mention they're EXPENSIVE?). So please don't see this post and think "If I get a macaw, it will have all these positive attributes that I want, that greatly outweigh the negative attributes". If that were true, everyone who could afford a macaw would have one, which is not the case.

I guess what I'm trying to say is:
-Don't impulse buy a macaw or ANY parrot (even budgies).
-Do a ton of research. A ton.
-Recognize that the bird will have traits that are undesirable to you, or even unbearable in some cases, and ask yourself if you are willing to work with/through those to have a bird.
-Realize that they require an immense amount of time, energy, and money. You cannot just lock them up in a cage all day. And they need toys, a good diet, etc. Plus, vet bills. You need an avian vet, not just some random exotic vet that knows very little about birds. So that is going to cost money. A fair bit of money too.
Branch cutters attached to their face? I LOVE that description! πŸ˜‚

Most Reactions

Latest posts