Walkabout!!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
After shopping today, I came home to a really lovely greeting from Bucc "love ya mum", that put me in the right frame of mind to put shopping away, thought I'd get it done quicker without help from him, so into the kitchen I go. Bucc is in the cage asking to come out, I told him he could come out when I'd done. Finally got everything away, asked him if he wanted to come out but no reply, went into lounge to find out that he had somehow managed to get his cage door open, were any windows open somewhere!! Had a quick look round downstairs then ran upstairs to find him in my Daughters room talking to Gemini and Leo, Gemini is not impressed with him at the moment being anywhere near his lady, so got him off and brought him downstairs again, making sure that bedroom door is closed tight. Bucc is now feeling very proud of himself for managing to get door open. I'm now going to have to try to find out how he managed that one!!!!!!! Blimey you gotta love the little devils

Errol our golden mantle rosella has been known to take the bolts off the feeding doors, and then swings on them to get the doors open. Bucc can't do that on his cage, I learnt my lesson on that one and took steps to prevent it. Now all cages have a net over the feeding doors to stop them getting out even if they take the bolts off. LOL

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
Hmm...ohhhh birds....interesting creatures they are! LOL

I would have to say I would be scared but at the same time proud of Alliee or Kira if they figured out how to get out. Bird brains

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
The first time Bucc went walkabouts it scared the living daylights outta me I can tell ya, This time I knew that nothing had happened as he was in the cage when I walked through the door and talking to me. Now when I go out I make sure the safety latch is always in place, I don't mind him getting out but with other pets in the house, dogs and cat you never know. I would hate anything to happen to him because of stupidity. It only takes a few minutes to check everything is in place and secure!!!!

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Bucc is now feeling very proud of himself for managing to get door open.

He should be, he studied very hard in order to be successful ;) :D . They certainly have personality don't they.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yes they do, when he does anything now its Good Good Boy Bucc!, doesn't matter if its good or not good. And for the most part its the things that he knows he's not allowed to do. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Latest posts