LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I am truly sorry for your loss cockatielmama. I hope you know you did everything possible for your baby although I know how easy it is to blame yourself and second guess everything. It’s so heartbreaking to lose them regardless of circumstances - we hear you and we are here for you!❤️

Last edited:

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
So sad to read this - I am very proud of you that as an owner you did everything possible to make your birds life better. She was loved a lot and she knew it!
Thank you for loving a great bird and I just wish I could do something to help you deal with the saying goodbye.
We all share your grief.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Oh I'm so sorry...You did everything you possibly could have for her, and I'm sure that she knew that...They are so fragile when they get sick and start losing weight...Positive energy your way...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I am so very sorry for your loss. You did all that you could for her, and I'm sure she felt all that love coming from you, and that it was a comfort to her. I am convinced that they can sense these things from us.

As has been said, we are all here for you. Sending you a heartfelt community hug.

Most Reactions

Latest posts