Wanna help me name the new baby?

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
I will be picking up my newest feathered baby, a Crimson Bellied Conure on Thursday. Here is a photo of her that the breeder sent. Thought I would share her cute face and an ever expanding list of name options. Feel free to add to or pick a fave:)

Poppy
Garnet
Suri
Merlot
Zin
Chianti
Penny
Ridlee (red meadow)
Scarlett
Ruby
Shani (crimson red)
Mina
Minnie
Nettie
Kressi

bethanyD85

Mar 15, 2014
KY
Parrots
I will be the proud mama of one Blue-Fronted Amazon girl this coming summer
I really like Merlot or Nettie, actually :)

inge

Mar 16, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Dusky Conure, "Wynnie" (RIP little Wynnie girl)
I think Ridlee is my favorite. Poppy is a very close second.

inge

Mar 16, 2014
Texas
Parrots
A name starting with S (or G) would fit the pattern that you already have going with the other 3 names: _ _, J (asper), _ _, M(angie), _ _ , P(ixel), _ _

Gigi? Gidget? Gaia? Gwen/Gwynnie/Guinevere? Genevieve? Genie?

You already have a few S names...but I'll add a few...
Syrah? Sari? Sorrel, Serafina, Sakura

I did not look up the meanings of the G names, but the S names are all associations of the color red with the exception of Sari which means princess (Finnish variation of Sarah)

All of the names you picked so far are very cute!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
I vote Ridlee.... cute as heck :)

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
i like shani^^.

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
You guys rock. Thank you! I won't be able to decide until I meet her, then it usually clicks and just fits. I don't believe I have ever had so many options before though so it may be tough. Lol

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
The feathers under her wings are the exact shade of red as a poppy in my mother's garden! C:

Hotrod

Mar 14, 2014
Florida
Parrots
1 year old sun conure: Hotrod
I like Poppy and Rosie. :)
My mom had a cockatiel named Hobbles once, because birds kind of hobble when they walk. I like that name.
Some names I would consider if I ever get a green cheek: Yoshi, Gator...can't think of anymore right now, if I think of more I will post again. :)

inge

Mar 16, 2014
Texas
Parrots
My dusky conure is called Arwyn! It is not the name she came to us with but, I am not sure she ever knew her name anyway. We call her Winnie (maybe I should spell it Wynnie).

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I like Ridlee!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
when I owned my crimson bellied conure, that is how I came up with my name on here :)

....anyways, we named our bird "Chili", her chest was red like a hot chili pepper....that's how she got her name.

what about: Spark, Cooper,....I also liked Ridley ;)

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Thanks again everyone!! The new baby girl will be on her way from Oklahoma to sacramento Ca on Friday. I will pick her up at 1pm:). She will be more traveled than I at that point. Lol

Most Reactions