Was in the pet store

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
and I saw the cutest little Moustache Parakeet, I looked for a picture of him on him and I found a lot of pics of them with a blueish colored head... well this guys didnt have a blue head with was more of a greyish color... he was cute and I wanted to bring him home, because this pet store has no right selling birds or bird products because they are all on SEED!!! ...jerks
I just love the little unibrow look to him, and if I had on I would name him Ed :10:

picture

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
They are beautiful aren't they. Nearly had myself one of those, about 5 years ago. :D But when I went back for him he had gone. :(

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Moustache parrots are soo awesome! maybe you can bring your mom in and she may fall in love with him? :D worth a try eh?... lol

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
They are very cute. Maybe Chi its time to get a little friend for Cricket :p

It drives me crazy how most pet stores feed only seed. The pet store where Popsicle came from will not switch to pellets even after being told several times by a vet and the birds get fruit and veggies once a month. :mad:

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
My brothers ex girlfriend had one of those, but she was petshop bought and had a terrible live with the girls brother. She had a major screaming problem, but i made sure they call someone who wanted breeding stock, so shes a happy gal now somewhere.

The reason for her being so dull, she' either still very young or it could be food related, they should have a more bluish coloured head. The males have bright orange/ red beaks, the female's is black, so its easy to tell the difference.

Check out the Plum headed parakeet, that is a beauty!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
haha, well I was thinking maybe it was an age thing... cute little guy, er girl, cause I think the beak is black...
she was a cute little birdie, I stuck my finger in the cage and she was nibbling it... kind of reminded me of how a baby mammal stuckles... I think I am used to the bloody bites from my big fid
:17: wish I had the money

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
wish I had the money
Yeah in my ideal little world I wouldn't have to worry about money, I would live in this huge house, with huge garden, and run my own little rescue, oh and I would become some awesome expert able to cure anything, in any parrot. :D Well a gal can dream can't she.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Yeah in my ideal little world I wouldn't have to worry about money, I would live in this huge house, with huge garden, and run my own little rescue, oh and I would become some awesome expert able to cure anything, in any parrot. :D Well a gal can dream can't she.

haha ya if only money, space and time weren't an issue.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah in my little fantasy world I don't have to worry bout such things, but then I have to join the real world :mad: :(

Most Reactions