Welcome members from the TailFeathers Forum!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

Duddles

May 30, 2022
Parrots
Budgies
Hi @Duddles - We do have a complete backup of the site but the quickest way to access the content would be using the waybackweb.

Let me know if that helps!
Thanks so much! The forum posts are a bit harder to get to, but I see all the articles. I'm good - just wanted to take a little trip down memory lane. :)

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Allo Allo Tailfeathers peeps! I'm late to the bandwagon, but I'm here!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I was trying to see my old post but couldn't not do that.
Unfortunately, the posts from Tailfeathers weren't able to be transferred over.
We're happy that you joined us here:)

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
I was Pipers Mom on Tailfeathers, now I am Niner10Tango. Tango is my white faced pied.

I just hope that know it all from New Zealand, I believe his name was Clivenz still continued to be banned from this site. He was very condescending on Tailfeathers. Too many keyboard arguments with him.

Erin CG

Jan 18, 2023
Parrots
A quaker parrot named Bosco
Howdy, friends new and old! I'm a Tailfeathers member and former moderator from waaayyy back in the day (circa 2002, I think). Another TF member and I who are good friends were wanting to read old posts/articles from the site, which led me here. I tried searching via the waybackweb link to Tailfeathers Network posted by your admin, but am unable to view old message board threads, etc. @Admin said: "We do have a complete backup of the site but the quickest way to access the content would be using the waybackweb." Is there any way us nostalgic former TF members can access that backup at all? :) Many thanks for your help!

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Howdy, friends new and old! I'm a Tailfeathers member and former moderator from waaayyy back in the day (circa 2002, I think). Another TF member and I who are good friends were wanting to read old posts/articles from the site, which led me here. I tried searching via the waybackweb link to Tailfeathers Network posted by your admin, but am unable to view old message board threads, etc. @Admin said: "We do have a complete backup of the site but the quickest way to access the content would be using the waybackweb." Is there any way us nostalgic former TF members can access that backup at all? :) Many thanks for your help!
I was trying to do the same thing. I was trying to get in touch with Boomer Girl (Deanna - she was always so sweet and Maxollie. Loved her expertise on budgies). both always kept on the positive side. I am in touch with MaxOllie, but I would like to get in touch with Boomer Girl, Dessert Dweller, Jaspa and a few others, especially in Europe.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi, I am just going through some of my older online accounts and discovered Tailfeathers is here now. I was active on Tailfeathers around 10 years ago I think. Anyway, I thought I'd get on here and say hi.
We're so happy to have you! I hope you stick around, I'd love to get to know you:)

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Hi, I am just going through some of my older online accounts and discovered Tailfeathers is here now. I was active on Tailfeathers around 10 years ago I think. Anyway, I thought I'd get on here and say hi.
I remember you on the Tailfeathers forum... I was Pipers Mom. Hope all is well with you :white1:

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
I was Pipers Mom on Tailfeathers, now I am Niner10Tango. Tango is my white faced pied.

I just hope that know it all from New Zealand, I believe his name was Clivenz still continued to be banned from this site. He was very condescending on Tailfeathers. Too many keyboard arguments with
I was trying to do the same thing. I was trying to get in touch with Boomer Girl (Deanna - she was always so sweet and Maxollie. Loved her expertise on budgies). both always kept on the positive side. I am in touch with MaxOllie, but I would like to get in touch with Boomer Girl, Dessert Dweller, Jaspa and a few others, especially in Europe.
Hi pipersmom. I remember your posts on tail feathers. I think you communicated with me a few times. I was marroqui on that forum. Not sure if you remember me. I used to post mostly about the lovebirds here. Sometimes some of the other medium sized parrot species and the diamond doves. But mostly the lovebirds. I hadnā€™t posted since 2019 though. I went to the website mid last year to seek comfort after the deaths of some ducks here, and was redirected to parrot forums. I had actually joined parrot forums the same day or at least same week as I joined tail feathers in 2016. I was seeking information on my beloved lovebird asha (who sadly passed away suddenly this week) and had posted on both these forums but ended up using tail feathers more. Like you, I also have been hoping to see how Deanna (boomer girl) is. She helped me so much and same with Ellen (maxollie). As you said, they were very positive people and were very helpful towards everyone on tail feathers. I miss them both a lot. Is Ellen ok? I read that youā€™re in touch with her. I just hope they are ok. I remember when she would talk about her two budgies (eventually I think it was one budgie and one cockatiel though). I also have been hoping to see how some others are doing too. I remember ketcha from France too (Stephane) and miss communicating with him and seeing his flocks. I hope you are also doing well yourself and same with tango.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Hi pipersmom. I remember your posts on tail feathers. I think you communicated with me a few times. I was marroqui on that forum. Not sure if you remember me. I used to post mostly about the lovebirds here. Sometimes some of the other medium sized parrot species and the diamond doves. But mostly the lovebirds. I hadnā€™t posted since 2019 though. I went to the website mid last year to seek comfort after the deaths of some ducks here, and was redirected to parrot forums. I had actually joined parrot forums the same day or at least same week as I joined tail feathers in 2016. I was seeking information on my beloved lovebird asha (who sadly passed away suddenly this week) and had posted on both these forums but ended up using tail feathers more. Like you, I also have been hoping to see how Deanna (boomer girl) is. She helped me so much and same with Ellen (maxollie). As you said, they were very positive people and were very helpful towards everyone on tail feathers. I miss them both a lot. Is Ellen ok? I read that youā€™re in touch with her. I just hope they are ok. I remember when she would talk about her two budgies (eventually I think it was one budgie and one cockatiel though). I also have been hoping to see how some others are doing too. I remember ketcha from France too (Stephane) and miss communicating with him and seeing his flocks. I hope you are also doing well yourself and same with tango.
I do remember you and remember you posting about your lovies. I am sorry to for the loss of Asha. I do know lovies are very mischievous and are not as innocent as they look. That is what makes them even more special. Sending you virtual hugs for Asha. I hope all is well with you. I am still in contact with Ellen (maxollie). She just lost Max her budgie this past year. He was 11 years old. She was an excellent caregiver for him. She re-homed her cockatiel this past year because he was getting a bit noisy and she lives in a senior apartment complex. She didn't want any complaints from her neighbors. Ellen is down to one budgie and she is content with that. The budgie's name is Baylee and she got him last summer. I do miss speaking with Deanna. She was very knowledgeable when it came to the lovies. Ketcha from France was awesome and miss seeing his flocks too.

So glad that you were re-directed here. Hopefully more Tailfeather peeps learn about the forums integrating with each other. Both sites have great people and it's good to see posts from past peeps.

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
I do remember you and remember you posting about your lovies. I am sorry to for the loss of Asha. I do know lovies are very mischievous and are not as innocent as they look. That is what makes them even more special. Sending you virtual hugs for Asha. I hope all is well with you. I am still in contact with Ellen (maxollie). She just lost Max her budgie this past year. He was 11 years old. She was an excellent caregiver for him. She re-homed her cockatiel this past year because he was getting a bit noisy and she lives in a senior apartment complex. She didn't want any complaints from her neighbors. Ellen is down to one budgie and she is content with that. The budgie's name is Baylee and she got him last summer. I do miss speaking with Deanna. She was very knowledgeable when it came to the lovies. Ketcha from France was awesome and miss seeing his flocks too.

So glad that you were re-directed here. Hopefully more Tailfeather peeps learn about the forums integrating with each other. Both sites have great people and it's good to see posts from past peeps.
Thank you so much for replying. I definitely feel nostalgic when I find people from tail feathers here. I am glad Ellen is ok, but Iā€™m so sorry to hear about max. I remember her talking about him regularly. I think he was blind in one eye if I remember correctly? Please send her my condolences and also I am glad to hear she has baylee. That is a special name. Has she thought about joining parrot forums? Like you, I hope some of the others will find parrot forums and become members. I guess itā€™s understandable if they donā€™t though and have other platforms online to use. I sure do miss communicating with everyone though. It has been 4 years since I used tail feathers. Please say hello to Ellen from me. I understand if she doesnā€™t remember me though. My real name is Laila, and most people called me that on tail feathers so maybe sheā€™ll remember Laila the lovebirds owner instead. Iā€™m sad to hear she had to re-home her cockatiel and I hope it wasnā€™t too difficult for her. Itā€™s hard living in an apartment complex and having noisy birds. I have no doubt that she made sure he had a great home to go to.

Do you currently only have one cockatiel? I am glad you remembered me and thank you for the well wishes. Itā€™s always so hard when itā€™s one of the first birds youā€™ve had. Lovebirds are definitely mischievous. I still love them so much though. Theyā€™re the first birds and animals that I ever had in my life and I think thatā€™s why they are even more special to me. Iā€™ve always done the most research on them too.

Please do let me know, if possible, If you do get in touch with Deanna. I hope she finds this forum too. I am not sure if there was a notice or warning on the tail feathers website about it being closed or not before it merged with parrot forums.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
I have sent Maxollie a text to let her know that "Laila - the lovebirs owner" was on the "parrotforums" website. I don't recall seeing anything posted on tailfeathers that it was taken over by parrotforums. I do remember seeing a lot, I mean A LOT of spam posts before they shut the page down. I did let her know awhile back that many of us were here, but her and Deanna were the tailfeather warriors when it came to the daily posting. I still think about Deanna often and her crazy stories of Boomer and her daughters conure.

Ellens budgie, Max was blind in and the little guy made it to 11 years old. I did send to her cage toys for Bailee. Yes, I only have the one cockatiel and at one time, I had two (Piper & Woodstock), but it was too much for me to handle. One bird is just enough, especially when it comes to the cockatiel dust.. Can't keep up with no matter how much he gets misted/bathed.

Each day, I hope Deanna and others learn about this page. More tailfeathers peeps are slowly climbing aboard this forum. Hope they eventually find us and so many of us can once again reconnect.

individx

Mar 7, 2024
Parrots
budgie
friends i cant find budgie mutations that was on tailfeathersnetwork com was so much helpful :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts