well crap.....clark laid some eggs...

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Do all females do this because I have a female parrolet and I don’t want to be surprised
I don't think so but it's been 4-5 years and i think clark was like......well, clark. She usually gets whatever she wants.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
She looks determined that's for sure.
Keep making sure she eats enough, and stays warm enough.
That's why I remove them eggs. I know you are following your veterinarian advice, and that trumps all.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I wanna remove but.......................I I don't want her to go back laying more. I just miss her on me all the time.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Tmarshall,
If you have a female its always possible. Mine laid eggs at 10yrs. And my quaker laid at less than 1 years old!

Day length, petting back, warm mushy foods during hormone season ( spring, fall) , and access to small dark spaces can be a trigger. If you weigh your bird weekly or so, you will know if they are carrying eggs because you will see a pretty big jump in weights. Then you know to keep watch, and any straining, messy butt, or weakness you know its a stuck egg emergency. And you get them to the vet right away. Also feed healthy diet, with access to cuddle bone or boiled egg shells occasionally. Will help them make strong eggs if that ever happened, and they should lay them normally. Hopefully with no issues.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
She should not go back to laying more. Unlike budgies, and some. But I guess no guarantees.
Both times I had eggs i removed, no issues. But who knows if that's how it would go every time....

I bet you do miss your sweet and sassy Clark. Hopefully not too much longer !!@

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
clark hung out twice tonight, then said "come on" so I took her back up.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
took away first egg tonight as she came down to eat, hasn't been exactly 3 weeks as far as I know, more like 2.5 but I only get like 20 minutes a day with her so I am rushing it a few days.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
if it was me id remove another one today..or really instead a d if dragging it out I'd remove them all. Like oops a predator got them...
But I know you got different advice from vet..just sharing what I'd do
Good luck! No more eggs! And back to self

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
2nd egg gone.....think tomorrow the third so I have the weekend with clark....may rush it.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
when she came down I went up and removed the last egg. went back down then went back up after about an hour, found her in the middle of the floor apparently looking everywhere for the last egg. after that brought her down and we just been cuddling all afternoon.

I can tell she was sad but it's quickly waning. She seems fine now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts