Well... Just dropped albie off at my mother in laws....

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
And he couldn't have cares less!

He loves the car ride, and wouldnt stop trilling. And once we put his cage in place we put him in, and he went straight to his seed bowl and was trilling happily while eating so I think he's going to be OK.

I miss him already, it's too quiet!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so happy that Albie settled in so well, it would have been so hard on both of you if he had been upset.
I bet you're both counting down the minutes until he comes home:)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Honestly I think I was more upset at leaving him than he was being left! But the fact that he settled to eat immediately was a hugely reassuring sign that he was OK

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
We have to leave Albie longer than we were originally told 😭😭 the guy doing the work used to have parrots and said who ever told us he could come hame after 48 hours were reffering to humans not parrots and if it was his bird he wouldnr bring albie home until Monday.

Looks like albie is having an actual holiday now. At least he's local enough for me to go see him on Saturday and to let him him and atreach his wings as well as take some more veggies for him.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Sorry you'll be without him longer than expected, but really glad the guy told you before you brought him home and had something awful happen. Whew!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Sorry you'll be without him longer than expected, but really glad the guy told you before you brought him home and had something awful happen. Whew!
Me too! We were talking about bringing him home on Friday!

Last night was awful with out him. It reminded me too much of the quiet after I lost Oliver. It's going to be difficult leaving him another 5 nights. But it's something I'd rather deal with over risking loosing Albie altogether

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Just think of it as a mini holiday for both of you. You should always talk to him and let him know whats going on..i.e. why he is at Gramma's,how long he is staying etc...they understand this stuff believe it or not. Any time I go out the door,even for 15 minutes or so I tell Amy and BB where I'm going and when I'll be returning. They seem to understand.

Glad to know the guy told you how long you should really wait before bringing Albie back home.
I bet Albie will be extra sweet and lovey...at least for a day or two lol.

Jim

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Just think of it as a mini holiday for both of you. You should always talk to him and let him know whats going on..i.e. why he is at Gramma's,how long he is staying etc...they understand this stuff believe it or not. Any time I go out the door,even for 15 minutes or so I tell Amy and BB where I'm going and when I'll be returning. They seem to understand.

Glad to know the guy told you how long you should really wait before bringing Albie back home.
I bet Albie will be extra sweet and lovey...at least for a day or two lol.

Jim
He was really clingy and lovely the last time I left him so here hoping for the same again.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so glad the guy told you, that would have been awful., and I'm happy Albie is in a safe place while the fumes clear.
I bet he will be so excited to see you and react the same way this time:)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie can come home tomorrow, there was no treatment needed inside, so yay I get my baby bird back!

Eta : the issue was caused by not enough ventilation in the walls which caused moisture build up, which rotted the joists in the floor, so now that the flooring has been replaced all is good

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie is now home.

He was so happy to see me when I went to collect him yesterday. He absolutely loves car rides, he sits looking out the window trilling and chirping the entire way home . He is All kisses and cuddles today.

He woke me up at the crack of dawn this morning just so he could snuggle with me. I've missed him so much and we are glad to have home home.

Most Reactions