Went and saw Callie today! Also, how is everyone?

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Soooo... I saw Callie today! Just a few more weeks until I can bring her home... I'm so impatient! Anyhoo, I got a sponge filter for my goldies (they have a HOB canister too, as well as a heavily planted Val paradise), and it seems to be working well. Also got the birbies a new toy. I ate some pad thai, which was good, as well.

I've been kind of tired recently, though. I'm not sure if it's possible for me to get burnt out, but if it is, I certainly am. For some reason they've increased our amount of schoolwork... when there's only 1.5 weeks left! Anyway, I just decided to check in... how is everybody? Did you do anything fun today?

PS: If you want to know who Callie is, look in my siggy. She's an RES.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Do you bring anything when you visit? toys treats etc.?

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Nooo... she's a Red-Eared Slider turtle, sorry for any confusion πŸ˜…
Anyhow, the pet shop won't let me do anything with her until i buy her, so I just interact with her through the glass.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
ohhh ok cool

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I was hoping she came from that store you wrote of before. But if she is from a pet store she is likely more healthy.

Those turtles have a gorgeous shell pattern. My dad sent me a text photo of one that he found looking for a nest site in his yard (near a pond). At least I think it was the same or similar species. I am going to put the beautiful turtle at the center of a spring or summer wildlife mandala that I’m drawing.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Wait your gonna adopt another turtle?

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I was hoping she came from that store you wrote of before. But if she is from a pet store she is likely more healthy.

Those turtles have a gorgeous shell pattern. My dad sent me a text photo of one that he found looking for a nest site in his yard (near a pond). At least I think it was the same or similar species. I am going to put the beautiful turtle at the center of a spring or summer wildlife mandala that I’m drawing.
Her shell looks a lot like this:
main-qimg-0efb21706e0c2c2d0b838505d1dbb112.webp

Wait your gonna adopt another turtle?
Hopefully :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Is the bottom of her shell orange? I was talking about the bottom. I think it’s the same kind of turtle.

I can’t seem to get the photo my dad sent me to copy onto this page. But I mean the bottom of the shell is mostly orange with some black or green in the center, head is dark green or black with yellow stripes like you have shown. Top of the shell is as you have shown, a domed shell, smooth, greenish-black. We call them β€œpainted turtles”. I had tiny ones as pets when I was a kid and fed them live food.
59CCD89F-269E-42AE-A120-BEC060580C90.jpeg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts