What can your GCC say

Rio can say:
her name, Rio
Hello
Hello Baby
Pretty boy (before I found out he was a girl!)
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty pretty bird
whatcha doing
who is it?
I love you
She copies me sneezing, laughs with me, cries like a newborn baby and wolf whistles

Kai can say "Rio" and that's it for now but I have only had him for 2 months

No gcc here but we do have a black capped conure, he's a lot like a gcc just a bit smaller, he says:
pretty bird
billie joe
i love you
hey baby
come here
wolf whistles
smoke detector alarm
and this weird trilling alarm sound from one of my SO's ps3 games :rolleyes:

he's been mumbling a lot lately too, practicing some new stuff but I can't figure out what it is yet. His previous owner said that he new how to say step up but I haven't really heard him say that at all.

Hola
What's up?
Whatcha doing?
What?
Huh?
Good morning baby
Nite nite
I'mma getcha
Gonna getcha
Bad birdie
Good bird
Come here baby
Give baby kisses
Baby kisses
Jason
Ernie
No pica
Come on Baby come on
Dirty birdie
Gentle baby
You mean birdie
You poopy
Eat
Whatcha eating
Gentle baby
Seed
Bye
Lu Lu good baby
Love u
Hey Jason
Xavier
Jay

Dewey is 10 months old. She says:
Dewey dewey dewey
Dewey shtep up
Swag (our sun's name)
Swag shtep up
Good morning

She also learned to use the toilet this week ...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382063972939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382063972939.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 258
Mine can say a few things, but they aren't immediately identifiable unless you know what to expect.

"Tobyyyyyy" (Toby but a high "eeee" sound at the end - his name)
Libby lou (her name)
Libby lou toby
Haha (laughter)
Quiet kissy sounds - they do this when preening each other, because I used to do it to Libby when she was little and I gave her kisses
Loud kissy / cat call sound, either when I kiss them on the beak or when I call the cats
"Beep boop" - or something. I am not sure what she was imitating but it sounded like Beep Boop to me so I say it back to her, now I think she says Beep Boop. She might be saying "little birds".

That's it! They aren't big talkers.

I have only had Flick for a few days, but he seems to wolf-whistle. Other birds in the breeder's home did it, and he grew up in her living room with them. he is only about 14 weeks old right now, and we are hopeful! I don't care a whole lot about talking, but my husband has his heart set on it :)

Jasmine my GCC is 18 months old and has been talking pretty much since I got her at 4 months:
Hello
Hello Jasmine
Shadow (cat)
Lizzie sit (dog)
Good morning
Good night
What ya doing?
It's all right
Okay
Pretty girl
Pretty Jasmine
Who's a clever birdie

She also
Whistles like the kettle
Water sound like the tap
Hoover noise
Sings like a very out of tune blackbird
Shouts 'hello hello hello' very loudly when doorbell goes

My baby says

Pretty bird
Hi
No
(Kissy noises) :*
(frog noises)
And I'm teaching her her name :)

My GCC says 'Ziva' and makes kissy sounds. She tries to say other things, but I can't make out what she's trying to say.

mine only says her name regularly "petrie"

I've heard her say "doin" and try "whatcha doin"

and a few times I've heard her say "good night" after putting her to bed and talking to her.

I like this thread a lot- I’d been wondering how much other GCC’s could say, because I also heard they were only supposed to say “a few things” but Tuli’s 10 months old and up to around 30 things he’s said at least once. Here’s a list of what he’s said more than once:

-Hey baby
-step up
-gimme kiss
-gimme yummy yummy
-stop it!
-Ow!
-No!
-gentle/be gentle
-what a good bird/who’s a good bird
-wanna step up
-you stop!
-kiss me/hey sweety (half the time I can’t distinguish between these)
-Tuli (his name)
-come here
-come on
-Who’s the birdie?
-go potty
-poopie
-sleepy/are you sleepy? (he’s only said the latter twice ever)
-monster (my nickname for him sometimes)
-I love you (only a couple of times ever- I wish he’d say this more)
-let’s go (he could say this when I got him, but he rarely says it now, since I rarely say it)
-kiss noises
-smacking noises when he eats (mimicking when I’m lazy and eat with my mouth open)
-ha ha ha! (a very fake sounding laugh, LOL!) he also mimics my laugh, and I have a pretty weird laugh, so it always cracks me up when he does it.

He was 6 months old when I got him from a bird store that interacts with and socializes their birds fairly well. He could already say “let’s go,” “step up (not very clearly),” “ha ha ha”, and make kiss noises, but he was a closet talker, and would only talk when I wasn’t in the room for the first couple of months that I had him.

What amazes me the most is how much he uses his words to communicate, and that he says them with the proper inflections in his voice. Like when he’s really begging me to pick him up, he says “step uuuup” over and over with a whiny tone to his voice. And every time I leave the room without him he shouts something like “stop it! Wanna step up! You stop!”

I forgot she says Ow before she bites me. Or while she does it

My GCC is about a yr & a half old and he says:

Come here!
Step up
-a kissy sound-
And more recently he's attempting to say, "Haru baby" (his name is Haru)

I was really surprised when he first started talking because he was a relatively quiet and timid bird. We've come a long way as companions :)

Kiwi says:

I love you
Pew (condensed version of I love you)
Kiwi bird
Kiwi
Little Egg
Bath!
Vacuum
Step up
Kiss
B (from B - I - N - G - O) - she's still working on the rest of the letters ^.^

That's it so far..other than unidentifiable purrs, clicks, mumbles, and of course, her well beloved shrieks ^.^

Wow that's great! I love hearing what other peoples birds say

My GCC says "Gosha" (her former name), Nika (present name)," no" she makes kiss sounds, she imitates my laugh perfectly (creepy), and a few Russian words or something from her past. I'm currently trying to teach her to say poop before she poops, or during, so at least I'll have a warning :) she also says "Neekster"

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back