What type of music do YOUR fids like???

Starwing

Jul 17, 2014
The Netherlands
Parrots
Kobus the Blue Fronted Amazon
Re: Your birds favorite song, artist or style of music

My Amazon (Poppie) tends to like Lorrena Mckennitt, Mariah cary, and ace of base.

My Grey doesn't have a preference but really likes the Indian flute and drum vibes... gets him dancing everytime.

My Zon Vinny, likes slow soft music such as the theme song to the titanic...She sings up a storm hearing the song.

Birdell, my senni like Shaggy....and the song don't worry be happy (who ever sings that)

So in our house there is a wide range of music played....

My BFA Kobus loves a lot of music, but I notice he responds most enthusiastically with classical music, Opera (women's alt voices!).

His favourite songs by far is the Rains of Castamere (Game of Thrones!) but then again, we've been singing that to him from the day we've had him in our life! And Misty Mountains Cold (the Hobbit) is a favourite of his too!

Of course, the actual pronounciation isn't always spot on, but he's having the best time when he's trying to "noise along" with the music and he actually pronounces the lyrics of the Rains of Castamere every now and then.

Not really music, but I also might have exposed Kobus a bit to Beavis and Butthead once in a while, so sometimes when he's hyped up singing songs he'll go full Beavis and declare himself "The almighty youknowwhat" :smile004:... A bit naughty, but he's so cute... :D

Dinodude

Jun 23, 2014
What music does your bird enjoy

I found my bird enjoys nursery rhyme songs, but I am looking for more songs to see what my birds really likes(or also likes), this thread is meant to be a place where we can share our cockatoos' favorite tunes!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Re: What music does your bird enjoy

Jonesy seems to REALLY like classic rock lol..with Pink Floyds "Comfortably Numb" his little "hat" gets put on,he turns his head "this way and that" and stomps his left foot up and down lol.
He's been heard screeching to Grateful Dead tunes and runs around on his rooftop to Marshall Tuckers "24 hours at a time" lol
Crazy little 'too that he is :rolleyes:

Jim

Peppo

Nov 27, 2015
Parrots
Paco-Male Double Yellow Head Amazon
Re: What music does your bird enjoy

Paco loves Veggietales! He also likes songs that he can respond to like old macdonald so he can do the bark, bark or the bock, bock of the chicken. His favorite though is when I sing Christmas carols to him, all year long. He does Deck the Halls with his name for every word, it is so funny.

Most Reactions

Latest posts