What's up everybody

StoneyLowe

Nov 10, 2020
Hey ya'll, my names Jesse and I'm a 27 year old animal lover. I grew up with a potty mouth African Grey named Harley who flew into our yard one day. We named her Harley because she swore and the first thing she said was "You wanna ride a Harley *****?!" We assume she came to us from a friendly biker gang. She fell in love with my grandpa and hated my grandma, called her dirtbag constantly. Just an absolute riot of a bird.

Anyways, ever since then I've been in love with parrots and I'm finally at a place of stability and decent income in my life (shout out BoeingBux) so I'm considering a new avian homie. Figured I'd join here and ask some questions to make sure I give them the best life possible. Thanks for having me!

-Jesse aka Stoney

Last edited:

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Welcome and feel free to ask questions.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hi and welcome Jesse, you will have picked up a lot of knowledge through knowing Harley. Things may have moved on a little so would recommend you update and read some good sources of info. Feel free to mooch through the forum as there is a lot of good reading material here already. Have you thought of rehoming a rescue by any chance? Harley sounded a hoot, a real character. They all have their own little characters though; all different. She clearly gave you many happy memories.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hi and welcome Jesse, you will have picked up a lot of knowledge through knowing Harley. Things may have moved on a little so would recommend you update and read some good sources of info. Feel free to mooch through the forum as there is a lot of good reading material here already. Have you thought of rehoming a rescue by any chance? Harley sounded a hoot, a real character. They all have their own little characters though; all different. She clearly gave you many happy memories.

And, just to add to the above, 'allow the Parrot to choose you'! They are much better at it! :D

How will you know, it's fairly ease, they are the one(s) that comes near you, is interested in you.

Start searching around where you live for a Avian Medical Professional. Common term is a Certified Avian Vet.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome aboard Jesse! Would you consider another grey or looking at variety of species?

Most Reactions