whats your birds favorite thing to drink?

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
water is not an answer for this one. i wanna know what your birds favorite drinks are! my conure jello likes watered down lemonade, tart cherry juice, and passion tea from starbucks.

what do your birds like to drink? what drinks do they love to steal a sip from? im interested!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
water is not an answer for this one. i wanna know what your birds favorite drinks are! my conure jello likes watered down lemonade, tart cherry juice, and passion tea from starbucks.

what do your birds like to drink? what drinks do they love to steal a sip from? im interested!
Hmm, my Gcc loves hibiscus, rosehip, or chamomile tea though I don't drink it much, some times I just make it for the birds.
Tom, also tries to steal sips of my sweet tea but has never managed more than a small drop of it, I put my tea in a Yeti.
He'd also love a sip of coffee but I'm afraid that can't happen!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Orange juice.....

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Pippen likes rooibos tea. I don't know if you guys from overseas drink it, but it's amazing imo. With or without milk and/or sugar. Sometimes I make myself a cup with just tea and water, then I take a sip or two, and offer it to Pipp(she will not drink it unless she sees I enjoy it.)

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo

Just out of curiosity, what all can birds drink? I'm trying to help my picky chicky Moxxie get some more fruits and veggies.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The only bird I have that drinks anything other than water is Bingo.

Both items are on the no no list so it’s rare that he gets a taste.
Coffee maybe 1 sip in a month, it’s very rare.
Normally drink my coffee early morning before birdies are awake. If/when I have a second cup and Bingo sees me he wants a sip.

Hot chocolate.
In the winter when it“s cold there is nothing so good as a hot chocolate.
When Bingo sees or smells it he has to get a sip or he won’t leave me in ppeace.

And now everyone can tell me what a bad parrot I am.
Before I knew chocolate was bad for them I would give Bingo malted milk balls.
he would scrape every bit of chocolate off and leave the malted center untouched.

I don’t do that anymore and won’t but it did not hurt him back in the 80s.

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Before I knew chocolate was bad for them I would give Bingo malted milk balls.
he would scrape every bit of chocolate off and leave the malted center untouched.
Oh--is that what that brown, waxy stuff is supposed to be?! :p (I am a quite the chocolate fan. I actually have extremely-dark chocolate, with butter and pink salt on it, for breakfast several days per week.)

My favorite: https://www.tazachocolate.com/products/wicked-dark

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy

My TAG loves the "juice" in/from my canned, wild-caught, Sockeye salmon! There is clearly some good, liquid fat floating on it. He loves organic tart-cherry juice, too; but, the salmon "juice" is more of a treat.

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
My bud Toby tries to steal any drink or food I put up to my mouth -- and he isn't exactly nice about it. Coffee-berry tea (aka Cascara), blueberry tea, rooibos tea, doesn't matter -- he'll fight me for a sip. I have to make sure he's busy with something he loves before I walk into the room with a cup, mug or glass of anything.

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
My bud Toby tries to steal any drink or food I put up to my mouth -- and he isn't exactly nice about it. Coffee-berry tea (aka Cascara), blueberry tea, rooibos tea, doesn't matter -- he'll fight me for a sip. I have to make sure he's busy with something he loves before I walk into the room with a cup, mug or glass of anything.
Jello is the same way but specifically with lemonade. I water it down a ton as it is for my own tastebuds but he will fly at the back of my head crashlanding for a sip

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Just out of curiosity, what all can birds drink? I'm trying to help my picky chicky Moxxie get some more fruits and veggies.
this method worked for me: blend kale, spinach, carrots and other greens with apple juice. then just enjoy it infront of ur birds (it honestly is quite good ngl and very good for u) and theyll most likely want it.

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo
this method worked for me: blend kale, spinach, carrots and other greens with apple juice. then just enjoy it infront of ur birds (it honestly is quite good ngl and very good for u) and theyll most likely want it.
I was thinking that. Only problem, I can't afford a blender at the moment 😅
Between house bills, vet bills, pet supplies, and house supplies plus inflation. It's a lot.

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
20220528_100527.jpg

20220406_093830.jpg

Is it done yet....
20220409_155926.jpg
20200312_172334.jpg