what's your birds favorite toys

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
yup like the title what's your birds favorite toys

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
Paulie LOVES bells and anything that makes Loud ringing sounds, and not to mention when he throws to the floor. He just GOES CRAZY! "**PRINNG PRINNGGG**" - Paulie.

Phoebe loves to chew on woods and she LOVES playing in water, showering is her thing lol.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
thats so cute my birds are not that interested in bells only when i ring the bell they will come and not take of there eye off the bell

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Jasper likes any wicker-like material
Lilla likes foraging toys
Budgies arenā€™t that picky, but they always do stupid things, not play with toys lol.
Cricket is intimidated by large toys, actually, by most toys, but heā€™ll play with anything paper- related as long as itā€™s not a BIG TERRIFYING PREDATOR šŸ˜±

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Well, it's not my bird, it's my wife's. But I am delighted to answer.
Green chile peppers. If he has one, nothing else in the world interests him. Small like jalapenos, big like poblanos, ripe or not, straight, curled, stemmed or not...............................

See, honey? I'm extremely interested in your bird's habits! Very interested. Great little guy!

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
tofu my bird can feel the spiciness of pepper because when I gave him pepper he bit a small bite and immediately went to drink water she couldn't stop drinking it :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

paimonandeula

Jan 26, 2022
Indiana
Parrots
I have a gray male budgie named Paimon, a female blue and teal fancy budgie named Eula, and a green budgie named Venti <3
Paimon likes a Wiffle ball toy. Which he humps... He also likes a finger trap toy! He also fights this one wooden toy like a punching bag.

Eula loves her seagrass net toy and the finger trap toy.

Venti likes the seagrass net, finger trap toy, and bird kabob a lot.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
My birds really enjoy:

Rraffia crinkles(Better known as crinkle paper, though it's more like wood shreds)
Finger traps(Palm strips, anything relater)
popsicle sticks(depends, when they're in moulting or very hormonal they like harder toys)
Cork
Mahogany pods
Seagrass
Leather
Luffa(aka loofah)
Cardboard

The budgies kinda like vine toys but not really.. Pippen likes vine hearts, balls etc.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty LOVES his tubular stainless steel bell. There is not a day goes by that he doesn't spend time attacking it, singing merrily all the while. He is also fond of baskety weave type toys, with or without wood/paper scraps in it. He likes them so much I usually pick up 3 or 4 when I replenish supplies. Sometimes they last a few days, sometimes they last an hour or 2!! He also like toys with small rectangles of colored wood, so when I can find them in bulk i get them and string them up on a SS skewer. He does play with other toys occasionally but those are his current favs. But the bell, and its a specific one, thats his daily dose of parrot crack.

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
Salty LOVES his tubular stainless steel bell. There is not a day goes by that he doesn't spend time attacking it, singing merrily all the while. He is also fond of baskety weave type toys, with or without wood/paper scraps in it. He likes them so much I usually pick up 3 or 4 when I replenish supplies. Sometimes they last a few days, sometimes they last an hour or 2!! He also like toys with small rectangles of colored wood, so when I can find them in bulk i get them and string them up on a SS skewer. He does play with other toys occasionally but those are his current favs. But the bell, and its a specific one, thats his daily dose of parrot crack.
Paulie can def relate to Satly with the Bell(s) , time of thier lives with it. lol

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Sprite loves anything that makes noise, and her favorite thing to shred is sea grass. Marshmallow doesn't really play that much, but he does like to shred sola wood.

ChrisH123

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Meyers Parrot
Our Rose Breasted Too LOVES the treat cage. If he ignores a toy it gets disassembled and placed in here and he's all over it.

Our Meyers loves her little foraging tray. She gets a dash of seeds and dried fruits and veggies sprinkled in it every day and has to toss everything around to find them.

Attachments

• Treat Cage (2) reduced.jpg
    Treat Cage (2) reduced.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Baby eating from bucket3.JPG
    Baby eating from bucket3.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20211030_163435.jpg
    20211030_163435.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 74

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think Willowā€™s favorite toy is ME. If he is out, I must pet him with at least one hand all the time. He is happiest of he is leaning into my nose or cheek and Iā€™m petting with both hands, though he will accept if I pet with one hand and give him occasional kisses while I read. Willow seems to get entranced and will sit very still while I rub his jaw or neck and his tiny breath warms my nose. What a silly bird!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Our Rose Breasted Too LOVES the treat cage. If he ignores a toy it gets disassembled and placed in here and he's all over it.

Our Meyers loves her little foraging tray. She gets a dash of seeds and dried fruits and veggies sprinkled in it every day and has to toss everything around to find them.
Iā€™d love to hear more about what your Meyers likes to play with. Jasper, my Meyers, mostly likes to eat and destroy wooden toys. But there must be something else he would like to do!

ChrisH123

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Meyers Parrot
Iā€™d love to hear more about what your Meyers likes to play with. Jasper, my Meyers, mostly likes to eat and destroy wooden toys. But there must be something else he would like to do!

Our Meyers is pretty picky (toy wise) it's taken me a long time to find a rotation of toys she'll play with. She's really into THIN shreddables, like paper tickets, popcicle sticks, balsa slats, sola pieces, cardboard slats etc. I attached a pic as an example.

I bought a scrap box of balsa wood (called bird salad) from Balsa Wood Inc. that had lots of really thin pieces in it. I Dremel holes in the middle of them and thread them onto skewers and she loves them.

Other than that, the foraging tray is the only thing that holds her attention for any length of time.

What kinds of things does Jasper show interest in? Is he very treat motivated? We've gotten Baby to explore new things (toys, perches etc), by placing a single safflower seed near (then on) any new things in her cage. She will always check them out. I actually wrote a blog post on all the things we did to figure out what she'd like to play with.

Attachments

• 20181105_125759.jpg
    20181105_125759.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 63

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Tiki lovesss zippers
The only thing that would incourge her to fly (other then bread)

Tango..
Im not sure
She likes my hair, bottle caps, erasers, anything that isnt made for birds pretty much..

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Our Meyers is pretty picky (toy wise) it's taken me a long time to find a rotation of toys she'll play with. She's really into THIN shreddables, like paper tickets, popcicle sticks, balsa slats, sola pieces, cardboard slats etc. I attached a pic as an example.

I bought a scrap box of balsa wood (called bird salad) from Balsa Wood Inc. that had lots of really thin pieces in it. I Dremel holes in the middle of them and thread them onto skewers and she loves them.

Other than that, the foraging tray is the only thing that holds her attention for any length of time.

What kinds of things does Jasper show interest in? Is he very treat motivated? We've gotten Baby to explore new things (toys, perches etc), by placing a single safflower seed near (then on) any new things in her cage. She will always check them out. I actually wrote a blog post on all the things we did to figure out what she'd like to play with.
She has lots of yellow on her forehead. Jasper has a lot on the left side but only a bit on the right. He is a boy Meyers about 8 -9 yrs old.

We just got a bunch of muffin cup liners that Iā€™m going to add to a toy or use to wrap treats in. Jasper is also working on a wooden spoon and has most of a heavy wood macaw toy gone.

I wonder what else I can give him to chew up?

ChrisH123

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Meyers Parrot
She has lots of yellow on her forehead. Jasper has a lot on the left side but only a bit on the right. He is a boy Meyers about 8 -9 yrs old.

We just got a bunch of muffin cup liners that Iā€™m going to add to a toy or use to wrap treats in. Jasper is also working on a wooden spoon and has most of a heavy wood macaw toy gone.

I wonder what else I can give him to chew up?
Mines a girl, about the same age!

The muffin liners are a good idea! I wrap their nuts in them ever day and then hide them in different areas around their cages. You can do foraging toys with paper towel tubes too. I love using regular household stuff for their toys. It helps offset the cost! LOL.

I like dollar store stuff too, like measuring spoons/cups. I've been collecting a list of items and toy ideas on Pinterest so I remember what I want to try next.

I like using paper cups too (not the ones w/ wax). I stuff them with paper shred and foot toys and hide foraging treats in them. You can hang them, but I usually put them in the treat cage.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Mines a girl, about the same age!

The muffin liners are a good idea! I wrap their nuts in them ever day and then hide them in different areas around their cages. You can do foraging toys with paper towel tubes too. I love using regular household stuff for their toys. It helps offset the cost! LOL.

I like dollar store stuff too, like measuring spoons/cups. I've been collecting a list of items and toy ideas on Pinterest so I remember what I want to try next.

I like using paper cups too (not the ones w/ wax). I stuff them with paper shred and foot toys and hide foraging treats in them. You can hang them, but I usually put them in the treat cage.
Yup, Iā€™ve bought some bathroom sized paper cups for starting seeds and for giving bird treats. I will be happy to look at your dollar store ideas. I know Iā€™ve bought wooden cooking utensils for birds to chew up. I also have a set of metal measuring spoons hung in Willowā€™s cage. Lucy (QP) used to love banging them but Willow is more interested in his bells.

Most Reactions

Latest posts