Where To Buy Stainless Steel Parrot Cages UK

Affy

Aug 6, 2018
Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can buy a stainless steel parrot cage from in the UK? I've searched online but the only place I can find them is in the USA and I think shipping costs would be pretty high. :)

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
I dont myself, but Lister Fisheries & Pet Centre in liverpool where very helpful when I bought Enzo's cage a few weeks ago, they ordered the cage in within a few days and the best value i could find in the country. Might be worth giving them a call?

Address: 5 Lister Dr, Liverpool L13 7HH

Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 5:30PM

Phone: 0151 220 4864

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Pe...037&sr=8-1&keywords=stainless+steel+cage+cups
^I can't tell if those hoops are painted black ,if they are plastic, or if it is just lighting, but unless it is the latter, I would avoid these.

I did find others though:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROSEWOOD-S...037&sr=8-2&keywords=stainless+steel+cage+cups

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Platte..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=F8PQ0PGYJCWK31K5RQ5S

^^ THIS ONE GETS MY VOTE...It will put you out about 10 when all is done, but at pet shops in the US they aren't that cheap either.. I paid $8 for mine (purchased separately) and if you ignore the dollar to euro or pound conversion, it isn't that different.

EDIT--- This one is even cheaper:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-...F8&qid=1533560452&sr=1-4&keywords=bird+dishes

Last edited:

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I was trying to get a walk-in-aviary from northernparrots - but they are currently out-of-stock (and I cant find any in NL at all!!)
http://www.northernparrots.com/
-> they have the same range cages as a lot of the american shops (A&E etc. who produce stainless steel ones)

(verrrry brittish :D Ramsbottom based and all)

Last edited:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Home

Have seen their aviaries in person and they are pretty darn good (they can hold up to a pair of Hyacinth Macaws!)

Jottlebot

Aug 29, 2012
Shropshire, UK
Parrots
Orange-winged Amazon - RIP Charlie,
Spock - Common Mynah,
McCoy - Alexandrine
Just curious why stainless steel specifically? I have an aluminium aviary outside by Rosemead Aviaries. They'll do you something designed just for you and the space you have. I was very impressed by them.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
(highjacking again / sorry)

I wanted two for my livingroom aka 'the parrotshed & mini zoo' as I am mildly unhappy with CAG-one and need another ( larger) one for the macaw anyway.

Lots of people build aviaries, catkennels, squirrelenclosures etc.etc. using those square-pole aluminium pannels with your favorite type of mesh attached to it and screw it in place.
It's like building with legos: anything goes!
That is wonderfull.

Downside- they are not always very nicely finished.
so...you have a nice-safe side (for the parrots) and the side where the mesh is stapled in place (sorry wrong word, riveted?) and raw corners are left where you can snag skin, clothes etc. (not nice in a relative smallish space) and also- this method produces a lot of crevasses/pockets for gunk to collect...
Not a problem if you are outside and can go wild with a stif brush and a lot of water (or even a pressure washer)- the middle of the livingroom...not so much....

Costs-wise I probably should go for the 'legos' instead of the aviary-type, but only if I really have to ;P

and stainless steel...well if your parrot gnaws on the cage and it flakes...it not only looks yucky, but it makes it also unhygienic (difficult to really clean).
My macaw gnawed the ident-number of her stainless steel legband; I wonder what she will do with aluminium...

(or the plastic covers of the connection-pieces: the ones in the doors are always exposed to curious beaks)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isSXzbPByks"]Fiddler on the Roof Jr. - If I Were A Rich Man: Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

VJB

May 16, 2016
Hi Christa
I would also recommend Northern Parrots they have a fantastic selection of cages and excellent customer service.
Good luck.

Harold35

Aug 2, 2020
Uk
Parrots
Macaw
Amazon
I got mine from Birdcages4Less here in US. https://birdcages4less.com/page/B/CTGY/Stainless_Steel_Bird_Cages
They are very expensive, but totally worth it. Such a breeze to clean and no paint or rust. I'm sure you can find one over there. Call Northern Parrots. Maybe they can get one for you.
Hi,
Im thinking of getting a SS cage from birdcages4less. Do you feel its a trustworthy company ? Is it 304 surgical grade SS ? Are you still happy with the cage ? I cant find feedback on this company.... ive just had a negative experience regarding one someone was supposed to mske for me here in the uk.
Thank you.
Joanna.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
We have used Birdcages4less.com for a bit over forty-years and have always been happy with the quality and service. They are the sales side of one of the three cage manufactures in China. As a result, they have an interest in maintaining quality. The vast majority of resellers buy on lot pricing and as a result, they are not chasing quality, but lowest price per cage.

Assure that you obtain a cage with a full height front door as it makes the cage much easier to clean.
Buy extra Bowls at the time of purchase.
We like the flat top cages with the play stand on top. Once again, just easier to clean.
They commonly ship with the upper tray, we do not use it because it blocks light from the cage.

Assemble upside down! Just a bunch easier to get everything to line-up and set the wheels in place.

Last edited:

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Assure that you obtain a cage with a full height front door as it makes the cage much easier to clean.
Is this the answer, @SailBoat ? Is that the sole reason you prefer a full-height front door? Can you tell I'm cage shopping? :]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Access into the interior of your Parrots cage also involves the easy step-up and removal from the cage!! It is just much easier when you Parrot is a bit grumpy!

It makes changing-out and installing /replacement hanging toys and perches much easier.

Changing out food and water dishes as the big door is easier than the small swing-out doors for the dishes, which one commonly locks to keep your Parrot from opening and coming out on his own that way.

Never getting stuck in the smaller doors when you switch position and try-exiting from a different angle.

But to be honest, if there where no other reason than the ease of cleaning a cage that would be more than reason enough!! When on is clearing in the cage and the smaller doors so common requires you to come fully out to simply wash-out your rag as apposed to setting the bucket in the cage with ease.

This list becomes much longer when one moves to specific items in place of general statements.

Oh, one more, been using this style for over 45 yrs. and have purchased seven of this style cages.

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Access into the interior of your Parrots cage also involves the easy step-up and removal from the cage!! It is just much easier when you Parrot is a bit grumpy!

It makes changing-out and installing /replacement hanging toys and perches much easier.

Changing out food and water dishes as the big door is easier than the small swing-out doors for the dishes, which one commonly locks to keep your Parrot from opening and coming out on his own that way.

Never getting stuck in the smaller doors when you switch position and try-exiting from a different angle.

But to be honest, if there where no other reason than the ease of cleaning a cage that would be more than reason enough!! When on is clearing in the cage and the smaller doors so common requires you to come fully out to simply wash-out your rag as apposed to setting the bucket in the cage with ease.

This list becomes much longer when one moves to specific items in place of general statements.

Oh, one more, been using this style for over 45 yrs. and have purchased seven of this style cages.
That is some great insight, @SailBoat --thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts