White ball like lump in my parrotlet’d head

Ikah

Apr 22, 2024
Media
Albums
Parrots
Parrotlet
Hi everyone, im new here. I just notice awhile ago that there a white lump on my parrotlet’s head when i gave him tickle, his name is Zazu. Does anyone knows what it is? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2731.jpeg
    IMG_2731.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 13

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi everyone, im new here. I just notice awhile ago that there a white lump on my parrotlet’s head when i gave him tickle, his name is Zazu. Does anyone knows what it is? Thank you.
I'm not sure what that is, it may be a feather cyst where the feather has failed to break through the skin properly, or even perhaps a fatty lipoma. We're not avian vets here but another member may have a better idea than me. Best to have it checked out by an avian vet though I would think, I've added a link below that may help you find one, just in case you aren't already acquainted with one ...

Welcome to the forums, @Ikah, I'm wishing Zazu all the very best!

OP
Ikah

Ikah

Apr 22, 2024
Media
Albums
Parrots
Parrotlet
I'm not sure what that is, it may be a feather cyst where the feather has failed to break through the skin properly, or even perhaps a fatty lipoma. We're not avian vets here but another member may have a better idea than me. Best to have it checked out by an avian vet though I would think, I've added a link below that may help you find one, just in case you aren't already acquainted with one ...

Thank you so much!

OP
Ikah

Ikah

Apr 22, 2024
Media
Albums
Parrots
Parrotlet

Thank you!

Love My Perch

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 5, 2024
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon, Meyer’s Parrot, Cockatiel, Parakeets
I kinda looks like a lipoma to me but I’m sure it could be many things I’ve never even heard of (like a feather cyst, now I know what that is🙂)
My geriatric Amazon “Baby” (in his mid 40’s) has fatty lipomas. Our avian vet gave him a fullphysical with bloodwork and took biopsies on two of them. As it turns out, they are not cancerous, thank God! He has a pretty decent size one near his butt (sometimes I need to clean back there for him), a smaller one in front of his eye and another small one in between his wings on his back. What I couldn’t believe was the vet said we can have them removed surgically under anesthesia. Noooo way. They don’t seem to bother him and he seems to like the one on his face rubbed. That one concerns me being so close to his sinus but doesn’t really degrade his vision). He does breath a bit loud once in a while. Aside from be a little chubby, he’s In perfect health. I would definitely see a vet. I’ll post pics later, he’s not cooperating with me right now lol. Please let us know what you find out.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I kinda looks like a lipoma to me but I’m sure it could be many things I’ve never even heard of (like a feather cyst, now I know what that is🙂)
My geriatric Amazon “Baby” (in his mid 40’s) has fatty lipomas. Our avian vet gave him a fullphysical with bloodwork and took biopsies on two of them. As it turns out, they are not cancerous, thank God! He has a pretty decent size one near his butt (sometimes I need to clean back there for him), a smaller one in front of his eye and another small one in between his wings on his back. What I couldn’t believe was the vet said we can have them removed surgically under anesthesia. Noooo way. They don’t seem to bother him and he seems to like the one on his face rubbed. That one concerns me being so close to his sinus but doesn’t really degrade his vision). He does breath a bit loud once in a while. Aside from be a little chubby, he’s In perfect health. I would definitely see a vet. I’ll post pics later, he’s not cooperating with me right now lol. Please let us know what you find out.
I would like to learn more about your YNA.
But I don’t want to hijack this thread with side issues.
my YNA is about 39 years old so would like to compare notes.

OP
Ikah

Ikah

Apr 22, 2024
Media
Albums
Parrots
Parrotlet
Thank you so much for the info. Will definitely see an avian. He seems normal to me but just to be safe need to check him up. Hopefully its nothin. Thank you again 😊

Most Reactions

Latest posts