Why Adoption Makes Sense

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
This is a great thread, SB. I would love to adopt Roscoe if I weren't already at my bird limit.

sprice37

Sep 11, 2010
Media
Oregon
Parrots
Marya 11 yr old Lesser Sulpher Crested Cockatoo, Socrates a 4 month old CAG and Cheepers a 1 winged Tiel whos name is dynamic.
I want them all but have to wait until I have the facilities to do so. For now just the three but a friend for the tiel is in the works. Has to be a special needs tiel though

Birdieboy

Jul 15, 2010
Virginia
Parrots
Two parakeets. Kindle and Charlie
There are several reasons why adoption makes sense. One that make sit so popular is that it is usually cheaper than buying from a breeder.another reaon is that alot of people like the feeling of saving an animal. The one problem with adopting is that the birds that are in the adoption centers are usually meaner or harder to train than normal un abused birds.:D

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Birdieboy: The rescued birds from the two organizations I put in a link are in very good foster homes. If there are behavior or nutritional issues this is fixed. When you get the bird it will be happy and healthy.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
:(:(:( I read it and regret it. I do not understand how, why people take on animals and then not make them part of their family? Why did they get them in the first place? How can you give your daughter or son away? If they have problems then you sort it out! If the neighbors complain about screaming then you move! If you have to move and your child cant come with then you dont move! If your child start having behavioral problems then you get to the source and you sort it out!

You just do not throw your children away! I am sorry but I am pathetic I do not see a difference between human needs and animal needs. I do not see animals as below me, I see them as a gift that are borrowed to us to protect and care for just like our human children. If you can not care for your children forever then you should not have children to begin with.

I am going home, my heart is broken.:( Sorry for talking from inside again.:(

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
You should never be sorry for speaking from the heart Linky, I for one find that to be just one of the many things we love about you ;), just keep being Linky, we wouldn't want it any other way :)

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
This is so sad. The day this thread was created (approx. 2 months ago), I saw Cody there. I can't believe Cody is STILL there. :(

Am I just a big wuss, or is the world full of cold-hearted people? Why won't anyone else tear up when they see such miserable birds, and want to take them in? I also have to echo what Linky said; If the neighbors complain about screaming then you move! If you have to move and your child cant come with then you dont move! If your child start having behavioral problems then you get to the source and you sort it out!

Most Reactions

Latest posts