Why is Mango doing this?

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Green checked conure, pineapple variation.
Hi!
Mango’s human here!
So Mango has been doing this thing for a couple days now. She starts playing and starts laying low and doing this. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also runs towards my hand and instead of climbing like usually now put the rear end on top of it 😂 can someone please explain…

Attachments

• 68572614078__390C1AF2-497F-4E14-AD9D-8D8398364264.MOV
    3 MB

Birb321

Sep 14, 2022
BC, Canada
Parrots
I might rescue a conure or another small parrot
Your bird is grinding it’s beak, this is completely normal and they do this when they are about to fall asleep or when they are relaxed.

Reactions: DD!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
So she’s bending low with her butt up in the air and flicking her wings? And also trying to rub her bottom on you?

Those are mating behaviors and Mango is a bit confused. Just ignore them and don’t let her rub on you.

OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
So she’s bending low with her butt up in the air and flicking her wings? And also trying to rub her bottom on you?

Those are mating behaviors and Mango is a bit confused. Just ignore them and don’t let her rub on you.
Yes! All that is doing 🤦🏼‍♀️😂
Gotcha. I try to get her attention to a toy or something so she doesn’t do the rubbing 🤣

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Mating behavior. If this is her first, its onset of puberty, and other behavior may come out. 180 degree mood swings in seconds, louder, more bitey and a realignment of favored person are all things that can happen.

OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Mating behavior. If this is her first, its onset of puberty, and other behavior may come out. 180 degree mood swings in seconds, louder, more bitey and a realignment of favored person are all things that can happen.
So little?! I honestly have no idea when starts but I thought it was little for it. (I was given march as hatching date) but yes, Mango is been kinda feisty and cranky 😂 … is there something I should be doing or should do? Or Not do??

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I can see puberty onset at six months in a greenCheeked conure. I don’t think she’s ADULT yet, but changes are happening. And she is bonded to you, so directs it to you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts