Kai, G2
Lenny, L2
Macai, M2
Peek-a-boo, U2
Lucy, Lovebird
Benji and Lani, Lories
Chili, Conure
Cliffie, Duck
Well Kai recently destroyed the curtains I've had for 19 years (maybe it was just a sign that I needed new ones...) and the window crank, screen and windowsill. Well, my mom made me some new curtains (she's so creative-now the bird room looks like a jungle!) and my dad fixed my window for me (he's good at wood-working and the window guys were going to charge me an arm and a leg). I had talked to my Dad about the fact that I was worried that Kai would destroy the window and curtains again. I come home from work the other day to find the greatest thing! He had made an acrylic window guard. It actually works! It's pretty much chew-proof, sturdy but does wiggle a little. He had drilled holes in it so that it would bolt to the cage using the same bolts that hold the cage sides together! Kai jumped on top of it right away (of course) but the moment she reached for the window, the acrylic wobbled and she fell down. She hasn't even tried to get up there since :)
I love it!!
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3954/dsc1259ms7.jpg

ashley

Aug 30, 2007
Ontario
Parrots
a Brown-headed poicephalus parrot named Tucker!
Wow that's a great idea! Hahaha I love the way that Kai is peeking at us from the corner of the pic. Thanks for sharing!

Ashley and Tucker :)

Most Reactions