Working from Home with Parrots

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
So I have been working from home since before the pandemic. At first, I thought I was going to hate it but I have grown to enjoy it because it adds time I can have with the birds.

My birds recently moved into my home office and it is working out very well. Yup, I can be on the phone with customers with no problem. Occasionally they may get vocal but with many people working home these days, it doesn't seem to phase anyone. I hear people's dogs barking on the other line so I fit right in.

For those of you working from home, are you enjoying time with your birdies?

It is really nice to be doing work and to look over to my left and see my two movies happily playing on their play gym while watching a YouTube nature video of birds chipring.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Do they enjoy the you tube videos? Do you think they watch the images, or do they just like the sounds?

My birds are not conducive to getting work done. Or I can only work with one hand while the other pets. It’s impressive that you get anything done!

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Working from home with my birds has been amazing tbh. It’s the part where I have to actually work that makes it a bummer lol. But we make it work somehow. Cody really likes to go down from his stand and start chewing on things or going in a corner of some sort brewing any trouble he could find, so he kind of makes it a challenge to be working at my desk in peace, because there barely is any peace lol. June is more behaved but tends to occasionally fly around the room and land somewhere that’s not her stand, which is fine. She doesn’t tend to chew everything in sight like Cody does. But overall, even though it can be a challenging experience and a nice one at the same time, I’d say I really like it and I’m in a good place with it.

Most Reactions