Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
Fashion Bugs are going out of business and they are selling their racks too... I was thinking of getting one and turning it into a birdy gym

they kind of look like this, but a bigger square
0014f753-f292-49c9-887b-650064362bb1-tmp.jpg

all the arms are adjustable height, I was thinking of wrapping it with rope and vetwrap and hang toys and nets on it.

Do you think it would work?

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
It could work, but you need to find out what it's made out of first and be 100% that it is a safe metal(including any welded spots).

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Unless there is a manufacturer's label on any of the racks, I doubt you will be able to find out what the base metal is under the chrome plating, however, unless there is rust on the rack, the plating would effectively cover any problems. Because these racks were purchased for the display of various articles of clothing, they will most likely be of a better grade of manufacturer (better/thicker plating & process).

You may not think so, but that will be a good bit of vet wrap. Rope will help, but I'd wrap rope in short sections one foot or 1.5 foot lengths, so that a whole post length will not have to be re-wrapped when chewed through. Also, be sure that any rope you use is bird safe.

Most Reactions

Latest posts