YT Vid...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mtdGKkW2Hg"]This Guy Wasn't A Bird Fan Until He Met This Little Bald Cockatoo | The Dodo Soulmates - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like a Goffin 'too to me. A few statements I don't agree with but a sweet vid nonetheless :)

Jim

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What a love story!!! Breaks my heart to see such advanced PBFD. But when you take away the feathers you see the dinosaur.

I'm so glad she found her person, and is d
So loved

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
What a love story!!! Breaks my heart to see such advanced PBFD. But when you take away the feathers you see the dinosaur.

I'm so glad she found her person, and is d
So loved

Yes Laura when the woman mentioned FeFe was bald due to "plucking" ( how could she pluck her own head?:confused:) and the twirling around in circles do to "anxiety" that didn't sit well with me. Crikey Jonesy twirled like that a lot and if you ever watched Max (Mr Max tv) he does too.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I agree, and hope that an Avian Vet is able to work with her.

The most important thing, regardless of an illness, she is clearly loved and she is loving as well. Such happiness is important as they move forward.

Thanks for the joy, Jim!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I'm 99% positive she isn't plucking and that she has a disease, but that is a cute video. They can remove feathers with their feet, but that is unlikely, given the pattern or baldness and the bird's age etc. I actually commented on the original video at some point with these concerns (I think....it's been a while).

Most Reactions