Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Parrots:
Budgies: Kitty, Puppy, Birdie, Eevee, Rainbow, Blu, Avalanche. Fischer Lovebird: Mango Solomon Island Eclectus: Tango
Lamb is on a distinguished road
Budgie Mutation Question!

Sponsored Links
Okay, so I am big on mutations. I have my birdie Rainbow, I always thought he was just a golden body version of rainbow but met someone who seriously disagrees with me as most have only seen a yellow headed “rainbow” mutation. I was hoping someone here would be able to tell me indefinitely if he is in fact a blue series just full body suffusion of golden or if he is green series. Doesn’t matter either way. Just wondering!

Thank you!

He’s to the right and his mate Birdie is to the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Budgie Mutation Question!-6fe03b16-5ae0-4251-ad0e-8de2617829e5.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lamb For This Useful Post:
itzjbean (04-17-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 AM
Parrots:
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Thanked 7,230 Times in 2,970 Posts
EllenD will become famous soon enough
Re: Budgie Mutation Question!

He's just a yellow-faced, normal pied, green series for sure...Usually that particular mutation appears when you mate two yellow-face pieds, one green-pied and the other yellow-pied...One of my current 8 English/American Budgie Hybrids that I bred/hand-raised myself and kept as the last clutch I ever bred/raised is the same as yours, he's a yellow-faced, normal pied Budgie, green-series. His mother was a yellow-faced green-series pied, and his father was a yellow-faced "Pastel/Rainbow" pied green-series...

The "Rainbow" thing can in-fact happen with either a yellow-face or a white-face Budgie, not just a yellow-face, and it actually can appear as many different colors in the mix...Sometimes it's called "Pastel", or "Rainbow", and there are other things I've seen them called that all mean the same thing...I had a beautiful white-face "Rainbow/Pastel" that I bred years ago that was almost a perfect "half and half", where one-half was blue-series and the other was green-series...
itzjbean (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Parrots:
Budgies: Kitty, Puppy, Birdie, Eevee, Rainbow, Blu, Avalanche. Fischer Lovebird: Mango Solomon Island Eclectus: Tango
Lamb is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I actually asked my friend who breeds Budgies and she said sf yellowface II giving him a full suffusion body color of Seafoam rather than blue. Which is what I thought. It’s really beautiful.

Fischer Lovebird: Mango

Solomon Island Eclectus: Tango
Old 04-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Parrots:
Boo - whiteface cockatiel DOB 2011. Ember - pastelface pearl cockatiel, DOB March 30, 2018. Rue - pearl cockatiel DOB 2012.
Thanked 3,198 Times in 1,446 Posts
itzjbean is on a distinguished road

I am still learning about budgie mutations so EllenD is definitely one to listen to!

Beautiful bird !!

See more of my flock on Instagram!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Parrots:
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Thanked 7,230 Times in 2,970 Posts
EllenD will become famous soon enough

Budgie mutations are definitely the most confusing and vast of all the parrots, that's for sure...And with all of the hybrids showing up now everywhere (mixes of American, English, and wild Australian) you get some that don't look quite right but you don't really know why...My 8 are all English/American hybrids (not a 50/50 split, more like 70 English/30 American), and they look like very large American Budgies who have very large, fluffy mohawks, lol...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets
Remove Ads