1 smart bird

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Attn: nut, ellsie & tiki

I saw this on another forum, thought of you guys. I bet all of you can do these tricks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unO5whIUF-M&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - โ€ชWorld Record 20 Parrot Tricks in 2 Minutes - Kili Senegal Parrotโ€ฌโ€[/ame]

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Very cool....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
LoL!!!!!! He's sooooooooooooo smart and cute!!!! Thanks for sharing this video, I LOVE IT!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
SUE where are you???? You need to watch this and teach yours to do the same! :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Too frantic for me. Rosie is a good bird with no behavior issues. Because of that I do not feel the need to teach her any "tricks". I am not a person that thinks animals that perform tricks or animals that are dresssed up is a good thing. I know you all will not agree but that is ok. Don't think horses racing around a circle is good for them and the same thing for any other animal racing for the enjoyment or profit of mankind. It is especialy awful when a person trains and makes an animal fight others like it.

Now that I have spouted off I will cool down and hope you understand. I do know many will not agree and I really did not intend to start a debate.

Last edited:
OP
merlinsmom13

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Merlin doesn't really do tricks. He does funny things on his own, but nothing I've taught him. I have really never taught him words, he has picked up stuff from us talking to him, I have felt a little like a bad mommy since we don't do any of this stuff. I do think that some problem animals can benefit from tricks, to give them an outlet for excess energy. I think that whatever an owner decides should be for the birds/animals benefit.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Too frantic for me. Rosie is a good bird with no behavior issues. Because of that I do not feel the need to teach her any "tricks". I am not a person that thinks animals that perform tricks or animals that are dresssed up is a good thing. I know you all will not agree but that is ok. Don't think horses racing around a circle is good for them and the same thing for any other animal racing for the enjoyment or profit of mankind. It is especialy awful when a person trains and makes an animal fight others like it.

Now that I have spouted off I will cool down and hope you understand. I do know many will not agree and I really did not intend to start a debate.

I agree, I don't need no trick ponies hahahahaha. I just love the fact that me little Sennie loves to spend time with me.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
SUE where are you???? You need to watch this and teach yours to do the same! :)

lmao lets say nuts teaching me, she only has to look a certain way an she has me scurrying to give her head rubs, or if her head feathers are flat down, an there is a slight squint in her eye, to beware, she is plottin some devious plan, to destroy something.....
i don't tend to treat her etc so everything she does or lets me do is because she wants to :p
i've seen a few kili videos an there fab, his also got other birds and hat off to him :D

though my son wants to train nut, and its funny to watch as she tends to play with him more, she has so far taught him, repetative requests, ends up with him yelpin as she's bit his finger end (again) :11:

upcgirl

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Parrots
Max--Senegal

RIP Ricco--Mexican Red Head Amazon
That was awesome! I would like to have a slide for my senegal. I think birds would like that. :) I think I might have to start planning a project!

Most Reactions

Latest posts