1st Christmas with Gracie

OP
Jerseyjeff62

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
Really 50 views and no replies! I take that as I shouldn't worry or no one clelebrates Christmas with indoor decor

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
My Christmas tree last year scared my Ekkie [that yelled at it]. Other than that their was no problems and you see all my birds.

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
We don't have a real Xmas tree but I supervise any time either of mine are near our artificial tree.

As for decorations, I believe the same rules as toys apply. Watch for unsafe metal, sharp edges, small parts that can be swallowed, hide electrical cords, etc. I generally don't let my girls play around any of the decorations but that is not saying you cannot have them. You just need to show caution.

We also have a no glitter policy. I am scared the birds will eat it and I hate the mess it makes. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Really 50 views and no replies! I take that as I shouldn't worry or no one clelebrates Christmas with indoor decor

Please be patient. It's quite possible your thread was pushed to the bottom, and nobody had an answer for you. 50 views does by no way indicate 50 different members had looked at it. We have thousands of unregistered 'guests' frequenting these forums, and it's quite possible most of the 'views' were generated by them. :)

Christmas trees are decorations are fine as long as you are able to keep your bird away from the 'potentially hazardous' stuff. :)

Poinsettias are EXTREMELY deadly, so I'd refrain from putting those up around the house.

John3L

Dec 10, 2015
Columbia, Md
Parrots
TAG
CAG
This is my first Christmas as well with our new addition. Our girl "Gracie" has a party with everything I would strongly advise being careful around ornaments as well. Gracie loves to play with everything, enjoy the holidays and this is all new to me too. Happy Holidays.

Peppo

Nov 27, 2015
Parrots
Paco-Male Double Yellow Head Amazon
Ok, so far I have given Paco all of the Xmas presents I bought him except for one, which I am sure he will get tomorrow for just being so cute! I better get on Amazon.com tonight and order more so he will have presents Xmas morning!

OP
Jerseyjeff62

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
This is my first Christmas as well with our new addition. Our girl "Gracie" has a party with everything I would strongly advise being careful around ornaments as well. Gracie loves to play with everything, enjoy the holidays and this is all new to me too. Happy Holidays.
We picked the same name.....Gracie

Most Reactions

Latest posts