2 new members of the family!

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
Two Cockatiels, A Timneh African Grey
Finally, after 2 days of begging my dad to get me a parakeet, we went out and got two of them! One for me, one for my sister. They're adjusting to their new home right now, and they are very quiet which is normal. They are young, and from what I see, it is a male and female. They're getting along fine too! I saw them preen each other a little and sleep together too. I'm willing to train both too.
http://imgur.com/8NwGggW
That's a picture of them!

They're just too adorable! :)

I have a question though, so far I have only seen them trying to sleep, or at least they have some drowsy eyes since yesterday although they did have a good night's sleep when we got them yesterday. But I'm sure it's normal since I heard they take a nap at midday after an energetic morning. Although they didn't really do much in the morning while I was at school.
Also, since they are adjusting, would it scare/confuse them if I moved them from the living room to my room every once in a while? I want them to get used to me as I am doing my homework :p.

Well, that's all! I look forward to a happy life with them.

OP
Parro

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
I must also say I have been incredibly shocked today- these parakeets seem to already be... tamed?!
They stood up on me and my sister's fingers without any encouragement today! We thought they were untamed, or perhaps it's because they are really young? I don't know.
We'll have a much easier time with them :)

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Aw congrats! Take them out daily and research training they are so underrated. I love parakeets!!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome! Lots of parakeet people and others to help you out. Meanwhile, You can take any issue or topic which interests you, use the Search Tab and then read about it. I do that. Almost every day. The people here are an amazing source of information, advice, and support. I like your style... you reach out and ask. I'm glad you found us!
Yeah, I love parakeets... 100% parrot in a cute tiny package!

OP
Parro

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
Welcome! Lots of parakeet people and others to help you out. Meanwhile, You can take any issue or topic which interests you, use the Search Tab and then read about it. I do that. Almost every day. The people here are an amazing source of information, advice, and support. I like your style... you reach out and ask. I'm glad you found us!
Yeah, I love parakeets... 100% parrot in a cute tiny package!
Yeah, I always do that, I've been on this forum for 4 years :p Regardless, I'm still happy I found this place a long time ago!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love budgies. They are one species that I will always have. By the cere color, you have 2 beautiful baby girls :).

Most Reactions

Latest posts