Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
oh something else I forgot Peta. Do Not get any sort of heat rock or vine. This can burn the skin of your geckos.

Be very gentle with your geckos as they can drop their tails.

For the substrate just use paper, or a reptile carpet. Sand can be eaten and cause problems. If you use bark the crickets will hide under and the geckos will not be able to eat.

The cage should have a hot side and a cold side. Heat lamp can be placed on one side so they can choose if they want to be hot or cold. Hiding spots should be provided at both ends of the cage. They will require a higher humidty to aid with shedding.

Crickets and Meal worms are great for food. Try using the wax worms more as a treat.

These guys can live 20-30 years, so you could have them around for awhile!!!

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Oh and I almost forgot, do not use any crickets or insects from the garden. They may have pesticides on them which could harm your geckos. Best to use insects from the store.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
unless it blind and its food (the crickets) end up eating the poor thing alive

:eek: :(

Crickets are horrible little things!!! I don't like them at all. Peta you can remove any uneaten crickets, because they will jump on top of the geckos and bite them.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
OMG, think I'm gonna talk Andi and Luke out of having one of these and just go get another parrot. :D As I say I'm not going to be the main caregiver with these guys, but I still feel I need to know a little something about them before they come home.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVICE ITS MUCH APPRECIATED.

I'm sure that when they do finally come home then I'll be screaming for lots more help. Thanks again :D

Most Reactions