New(ish) Member Here!

Dancake

Mar 8, 2020
United States
Parrots
Bubby (U2)
Howdy! I've actually been lurking here since 2020, (the year i got my amazon!)

My name is Daniel, but you can call me Dan. I'm from southern USA and have always loved birds, especially parrots!

I adopted Titan when he was around 5 years old in 2020, he is currently around 8 years old and has just finally started to warm up to my hands (kind of.) Before I had Titan I had a green cheek conure named Rocky, who unfortunately passed away after eating part of one of his wooden toys.

I have recently come under a situation where we have lost most of our income, so my family can barely pay bills, let alone for bird supplies, so please do not get angry at me if you see that his diet isn't exactly the most healthy or that he hasn't gotten any new toys in awhile! I'm doing my best with what I can work with! He used to be on TOP's pellets but we cannot afford those anymore. I'm not trying to tell a sob story to get sympathy or anything, just going ahead and explaining my situation before people inevitably jump on to me for that.

I've decided to stop lurking and document my and Titan's progress with training, we're currently working on stepping up without biting. It's very lovely to meet you all!

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
Howdy! I've actually been lurking here since 2020, (the year i got my amazon!)

My name is Daniel, but you can call me Dan. I'm from southern USA and have always loved birds, especially parrots!

I adopted Titan when he was around 5 years old in 2020, he is currently around 8 years old and has just finally started to warm up to my hands (kind of.) Before I had Titan I had a green cheek conure named Rocky, who unfortunately passed away after eating part of one of his wooden toys.

I have recently come under a situation where we have lost most of our income, so my family can barely pay bills, let alone for bird supplies, so please do not get angry at me if you see that his diet isn't exactly the most healthy or that he hasn't gotten any new toys in awhile! I'm doing my best with what I can work with! He used to be on TOP's pellets but we cannot afford those anymore. I'm not trying to tell a sob story to get sympathy or anything, just going ahead and explaining my situation before people inevitably jump on to me for that.

I've decided to stop lurking and document my and Titan's progress with training, we're currently working on stepping up without biting. It's very lovely to meet you all!
Nice to meet you! I'm Ayu.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Don't worry, no one on this site will get on your case.
If they do we'll beat them up for you.
lol
really though, the moderators are good at keeping a--holes like me in check.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Good luck with training your 'zon. The trik with them is to make them think the action is their idea. That and patience with a capitol P. Took me a whole year of every night training sessions to get my Salty to accept his harness. We still practice putting it on a few times a week.

Most Reactions

Latest posts