22 Hours to go!!!!

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Dan, I just love your post and the photos. Tango is gorgeous and looks like she's a very happy bird!

I'm also glad that first photo established that Tango was in a car. In one of the subsequent pictures, it looks she's atop her travel cage on the handlebars of a motorcycle!

In other news, Eliza and Henry keep taking my iPad to look at your photos. And, for some reason, they're acting insufferably pleased with themselves today. I have no idea why. They never tell me anything...
😜

Derek

OP
DanR

DanR

Jan 23, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Tango - WBC
Wow what a weekend! Tango is just a sweetheart, we love him to bits!!! He's more interested in shoulder surfing and cuddling than playing right now and we're just lapping it up. I didn't even go to the gym this morning so I could set this up LOL:

Tango's WebCam!

That should keep Eliza and Henry busy for a little while... unless they decide to break in to the house again for some camera time lol!

Now to try and do some work and of course check the camera every 2 minutes :D

Dan

Last edited:

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
First, I apologize for getting Tango's gender wrong; I kept saying "she" in my last post.

I totally love the webcam! Eliza and Henry are with me right now...I suspect they want me to get a webcam for them now!

Once again, congrats on the wonderful new arrival!
Derek

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
How very exciting for you and your family...and Tango too! Thank you for sharing the journey, you brought back many fond memories from my earlier days with Oliver. And all I can say, is it gets better and better as the bonding time grows...

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
Photos are aawesome Dan!!
They don't seem to like riding in the car inside a carrier!! Mine fight over who gets to ride perched on the dash vents!! (I guess they like the air blowing up their butts!!)

OP
DanR

DanR

Jan 23, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Tango - WBC
LOL yep, massive struggle in the carrier, so I just flipped it open and he was content to just sit on the rim and watch the traffic.

More pics from the weekend :)

BATH TIME!!! (apparently the water bowl is for water, making soup, the toilet and the tub all in one!)

636-20140406_15401.jpg

635-20140406_154007.jpg

He doesn't seem to want to go on the swing or in his tent... but he sure loves to climb on TOP of them:

634-20140406_153801.jpg

Can I come out again, huh, can I? Again, one more time, can I can I can I??

633-20140406_153022.jpg

Flight attempt #455 in 5... 4... 3...

632-20140406_085634.jpg

Daddy must have left that last soggy corn flake just for me...

631-20140406_085051.jpg

Can't wait for it to finally warm up for visits to the park in fron of my house :)

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Love love LOVE the photos!

Thanks!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
He is so cute! You're going to have a good time with that one:) He looks like a ball of energy.

OP
DanR

DanR

Jan 23, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Tango - WBC
The photos are amazing and so is the webcam!!! I would love to do that, you will have to share your secrets & keep the pictures coming...or else I may send Darwin and Ekko to join Henry and Eliza at your front door [URL="http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php"] [/URL]
[URL="http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php"] [/URL]

Hi Terry! Thank you so much, glad you like the pics and the cam :) The live webcam thing is REALLY easy to do but yo udo need some kind of webhosting. So in my case I have a personal website. So I created a folder called tango and then I downloaded and install a small cam streaming software called TinCam at www.tincam.com - You simply install this software, tell it what webcam to use (youhave to have a PC or laptop with a webcam attached or built in), how often to snap the photo and you put in the FTP settings for your website to upload the photos. You save it and set it to auto-capture and the magic begins :)

There's also free cam software that will let you stream actual video to a streaming site like ustream, justin.tv etc OR you can have a streaming server right on your PC, but that's a bit too unsecure for my taste. The photo option is easy, doesn't need crazy bandwidth and it's secure.

If anyone needs help setting this up, just let me know :)

Dan

Most Reactions

Latest posts