meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
A woman on another bird forum got robbed a few days ago and 3 of her 11 birds got stolen. The story hit the news. Here's the link for more information. Please be on the look out if your in the Phoenix, Arizona area or around there to watch out for a blue mutation IRN(Indian Ringneck - by the name of Bailey), Goffins Cockatoo(by the name of Jayden), and a Quaker Parrot(by the name ofMika).

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/loc...06_02_2009

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
That link wasn't working for me.. but wow.
What a shame.
People rob anything they can get their hands on these days... literally.
Good luck to that woman, hopefully the birds get returned safely.

I've even heard of ransom in pets. I forget where I read it but someone stole someones Macaw, a Macaw that had been with the person for a long time. The peoplee who stole it were asking for thousands of dollars to get the bird back or they would keep it or kill it. The woner had no way of tracking the person... so it was pretty much pay or never see the bird again. Not sure what happened.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Ya, well they stole like PS3 and an Xbox360 and a couple other electronics like that as well and she doesn't even care about that stuff she just wants her birds back safe and sound.

EarlyBirdSpecial

May 17, 2009
Media
That is so sad to hear. I just hope those birds are not being abused by their captor....the stress would be very bad for them. :mad:

Lets hope and pray for good news that they get found and returned.

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
May have been illegal aliens... considering it's closer to the border. Probably trying to start a family or whatever here and add some stuff to it. I have problems with them here too (well my friend does).

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
I find it interesting how you referred ot mexicans or illegal immigrants as aliens...... Btw ya that is something to think about i'll pass on the message.

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
Haha, I find the term strange too, but after all, the definition of alien doesn't mean something from space, rather (in this use of it) someone from somewhere else from a different country or wherever.
I say this because I have seen this happening and the problem is growing. I know of 4 incidents in my neighborhood alone, and my neighborhood isn't notorious for anything - a small neighborhood where many retired people live (including the former Senator... who... I won't even start)

Last edited:
OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Good News! She got the cockatoo back. Apparently a woman bought Jaden(cockatoo) at a park... they are slightly un easy with the woman, and the whole story. It's just a little far fetched. The good thing is that the woman was willing to give back the too. Now just the IRN and Quaker to get back! The woman also gave a description of the man, which is even better.

Most Reactions