Aug 24, 2010
Arizona
Parrots
1 B&G rescue, age 36
1 Greenwing, age 12
1 M2, age 5
2 Harlequin babies, age 3 months
Hi everyone
I came across this forum today, so glad this is here for the bird community, love it!
I have 3 older birds (B&G, Greenwing, M2) and two 3 month old Harlequins, Coyote and Zoey.
From the get go I held them, talked to them, kissed them, and have touched their feet, beaks, head, laid them on their backs, touched their wings, and filed their nails. My teens hold them, and we have let the neighbors socilaize with them too.
We started having flying issues with Coyote, so I did a minimal wing trim. They wouldnt stay in their nursery box so we put them in a smaller cage, with low perches, but very quickly they mastered perching, hanging upside down, and speed climbing. The know the word "UP" and go onto our hands with no problems, and we are working on "DOWN" too.
the don't like formula much anymore, they spit it out and run away from us, so we give them bananas, mashed mango, peach, pear, weaning pellets, oatmeal, and this is going well. they seem to eat now when they want, and prefer in their cage over eating on the floor with our help.
I bought them a double cage, and they love it. their jungle gym as we call it.
We have moved them into the kitchen, with the other birds, where before, they were in the den around the corner (heatlamp set-up, etc)
Coyote has been going after my B&G for a week now. He flies off his manzanita tree, the couch, or runs on the floor to her cage, climbs up and begins to beak her and show dominance. He has tried this with the Greenwing as well.
I am wondering if cage location is the issue, but even on the stand he goes after them.
So I am thinking of doing a full wing trim (we did just a little snipping so he could fly from floor to couch, etc) but that still doesnt keep the other birds safe.
Zoey is kinda like this with the dogs, but she is getting better.
What do I do?
Andrea:red1:

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
I can't help you but I am sure some one here will chime in with some suggestions.

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Most Reactions

Latest posts