Wing talking etc....

Bird Mann

Sep 27, 2023
Maple Ridge BC
Parrots
I care for and manage a bonded pair of Parrotlets.
More often than not, Opie (male) will 'wing talk', when he is communicating with me
he will lift his wings like a shoulder shrug sometimes with a squeak, when he copies my smoochie sound he finishes with a wing lift, when he is given a treat he will often wing lift .... It's very endearing. It's a positive gesture I'm sure......I can't find any information on this behavior. I think of it as a thank you, or a 'like' his girlfriend does not wing lift.
What is this behavior?

We had d breakthrough this week, I started touch training the first time I got a beak touch
on my nose, now we have moved on to finger tips, I get very gentle touches. It's a big deal
and I am stoked. They were not at all fond of hands. Also I can play with Bun(female) and her little green alligators and she is so sweet and gentle with my fingers.. I did not expect to get this far with them I never rushed or pushed or gave them opportunity to bite, anytime my hands are in their enclosure they get full respect and positive reinforcement, now my hands feel welcome. I've made progress!!!! wooot! my birds were parent raised and I did not
expect to get this far. It has taken a long time, and lots of patience., and has been a great
reward. Bun's beak trim has been postponed because of really really bad weather....colder than siberia, now snow lots of snow.....

Laurie

Most Reactions

Latest posts