3months old Indian Ringneck -- advice needed

kenyanjnaveen

Mar 4, 2013
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

I have just got two 3 months old Indian ringneck parrots. I would like to know few things for them

1. How to care
2. Best foods
3. Best cage size
4. How to build relationship with them

And I got them 2 days back but till now I did not hear any sounds from them. please advice me..

Thanks
Naveen

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope you have a good time here! :) looking forward to see photos.

Here are some links -

Indian ringneck are prone to the bluffing stage, so this will be helpful -

IndianRingneck.com | Indian Ringneck Bluffing (Biting)

Info about them and their personality -

Indian Ringneck Parrot - Wattle Grove Aviaries

Basic care info -

Basic Bird Care Guide for Parrots and Other Hookbills

Here's a list of safe and healthy fruit and veggies to feed (I know it says it's for cockatiel, but it will work for any parrot)

And here is a little article about bonding -

Ways to Bond with Pet Birds - How to Bond with Your Bird - Bonding with Parrots

Now it will take time until your parrot will start to trust you, just be patient, everyday you can sit with them, talk to them. If they are hand tame, you can take them around the house. And take time to socialize them, otherwise when they are older, they might develop behavior issues.

As with the cage, always buy the biggest one you can afford! Personally, a cage for two Indian ringneck should not to any lower than $200. If you can, buy stan less steel cage, they are very pricy compares to the other cages, but they last longer and is the safest for parrots. And makes sure to have plenty of toys in it! There should be at lease 6 different toys for two Indian ringnecks, and rotate toys each week to prevent boredom.

I recommends you feed your parrot Harrison's organic pellet or total organic pellet. They are the best. I know it's pretty pricy, but both is human grade and excellent quality. I feed Ozzie my alexandrine Harrison's pellet, it's a very good brand.

Personally, I feed Ozzie -

40% pellet
40% fruit and veggies
10% grains and healthy table food
And 10% is treats and seeds

Hope this helped, if you have any more questions, feel free to message me! :)

Most Reactions