5 month old Green Cheek Conure behavior?

Maki

Sep 7, 2016
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek "Skittles"
Hi! I'm new to GCC's, I just got a 5 month old Pineapple DNA female two weeks ago yesterday. She's finally come around to actually wanting to be with me and not just watching me from afar... Anyway, she started doing something I've not read about anywhere (and I've researched my butt off lol.) While she's sitting on me, she fluffs up her head feathers while looking at me, spins slowly in a circle multiple times, fans her tail feathers, and bobs her head slowly at me as she does that... But she doesn't bite or act angry when she does that. Oh, and she also puts her beak between my fingers and bobs her head really fast, like a feeding baby. She eats like a little pig lol, so she's not reverting I don't think, and no begging noises with the bobbing. She's now to where she flies to me whenever she can and wants to be with me most of the time. She was making weird little grumbles while trying to put her back under my hand last night, but isn't she way too young for breeding behaviors? What exactly is this crazy girl doing? Lol... I'm so confused. :confused: Thanks for reading all that

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I don't know anything about Conures..or Caiqui's..but when I was at the local ALLPETS they had a couple suns and black heads..and the little black head jumped on my palm and just kept rubbing and rubbing his face and head all over my palm! and when I went to skritch him, he was just rubbing and rubbing and beaking my fingers.I believe he was just SO HAPPY to be getting lovies from me.
Sounds like your Conure is doing the same to me ;)

Jim

OP
M

Maki

Sep 7, 2016
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek "Skittles"
Ok, thanks!

I'll go check out that link now :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts