A couple of milestones for Petey!

ABirdNamedPetey

Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
Parrots
Petey the GCC
I was in cleaning Petey's cage and he was down preening my hair as usual, and the next thing I know, he felt brave enough to venture out and to the top of his cage! This is the first time in the month I've had him that he has had even the slightest interest in coming out! Time to get a play stand for him it looks like! I'm ecstatic!
Second thing was today is the first time I have seen him show interest in his water bottle. I cleaned it and refilled it as usual, and he actually has been drinking from it today! He still will have his water dish always available (the dude bathes several times a day) but now I know he has a clean water source for those times I can't clean his dish right away after his spa sessions. Lol!
My baby is growing up!!! :D

Attachments

• 20191029_131303.jpg
    20191029_131303.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 68

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Make sure to introduce the playstand slowly until he is just quivering with anticipation to try it out! Throw the box it came in in the same room for a day. Then take a day or two to unpack it. Then place a irresistable toy on it. Then the next day another toy. All the while you are "playing" with the new stand while poor neglected Petey watches on.....he'll be all over it!

OP
ABirdNamedPetey

ABirdNamedPetey

Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
Parrots
Petey the GCC
Excellent advice! I'll make sure to do that (I don't know who will be more excited ... me or him! Lol!) Thank you!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What wonderful progress,!!! Congratulations!!!!go Petey go!!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Awesome progress :).

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
That's really awesome, it's always such a nice feeling when your birdy companion gets more comfortable with you. Congrats on the progress. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts