Mexican Green Conure - almost going on back?

PeentPeent

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels, Mexican Conure
I have a cute Mexican conure

( I never see these guys anywhere they are so cute more people should have them)
Resized_Resized_20240227_144228.jpeg

This is Budi!
He was super shy and mega bitey when we first got him, he was at the aviary for a long time. gave me a bad bite on my lip once.
He's grown so much and I never thought he'd be a conure that would roll on their back and play with their feet out. But today I was playing with him with a sheet I ball up and he goes crazy makes happy noises and usually grabs onto it with one leg.
Today he grabbed with both and almost kinda rolled back a few times. Sometimes now he will even stick a leg up against a wall 90 degrees while playing with a toy.

You think it's possible he eventually will open up to the idea of playing while on his back?

Nothing I'm trying to force but I have a conure who would play on his back and it was too cute!

We've earned a lot of trust over the months so assuming we keep building it I wonder if it's possible

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
What a cutie! 🥰 I would say if he wants to go on his back, great! But don’t do anything to push him into it, just let him make the decision. Maybe he will, eventually 🙂

OP
PeentPeent

PeentPeent

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels, Mexican Conure
UPDATE: As of this morning I have caught him playing with one of my long fuzzy socks. He managed to burrito himself and play with it on his back. He was embarrassed when I saw it and immediately snapped out of it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts