A couple Paco pics

wolfsnaps

Jul 19, 2010
This is Paco in her cage. I do like the space she has in this cage. The lady I got her from offered me a choice in two cages. She really wanted my to take the smaller of the two as she was selling the other cage on craigslist. This was the more expensive one, she said. I bought Paco a cage before I knew she even existed and I still have it in the box for when I am done with this one.

NewImage.jpg

This is a pic of Paco the day she came home. I had to snap one.

paco2.jpg

This is the moment Paco decided I was an ok person.

paco.jpg

And I know I am weird but I am going to post this pic anyways. This is what I got at my first bird fair (I went a couple of weeks before I found paco to have ready for my "new" parrot) I won everything in that top row from raffles. I was so excited that day. I NEVER win ANYTHING and I won a ton of stuff. I am obsessed with toys and mental stimulation and I like to have "stock"

birdtoys.jpg

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Shes doesn't look to bad off, I think once she gets settled and gets used to a better diet, some fresh air and sunshine along with regular baths/showers those feathers might just fill in, looks like your a winner all the way around, won some toys, got a new fid, ahhh life is good :D, maybe you should play the lottery!.....lol :p

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Paco is lucky, look at the great cage AND you have all the toys
bd3.gif

In time her feathers will improve, as Bob mentioned.
May she bring you much joy and happiness

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
She look so sweet. I seen feather destruction worse on greys. You should look into making toys yourself. There are a few threads on this subject. It is fun and easy. Watch her for a while because birds seem to have preferences for what they like in their toys and what they pay no attention to. Then you can make what she likes. On the video when she talks about pine cones do not just pick up from the ground for the bird. There is a process they must go through which I can explain if you PM me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDDX9r_uixw[/ame]
150fs460435.gif

Last edited:
OP
wolfsnaps

wolfsnaps

Jul 19, 2010
She has actually plucked a little more since being here. I am assuming it is due to the stress of a move (I hope) but it isn't THAT much more. Thanks for the tip about making toys. I bought a lot of cheap bird toy parts and have made a few. Not sure what Paco likes but I know she likes shredding cardboard so I offer her none inked cardboard boxes I found at a dollar store. I fill them with goodies (treats, smaller toys, raffia, cardboard, whatever) and hang it from her ceiling. At first she was like, 'What the heck is THAT' but I think she is catching on. lol

Last edited:

Most Reactions