A Day in the Life of Kito

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
I thought I'd upload a few new pics and vids.

Kito has always had an affinity for paper products (as is obvious by the destroyed box), but has recently taken to a new toy. We put a plastic pineapple piggy-bank near her cage the other week without thinking anything of it, until Kito flew over and began dipping her head in the jar. Seeing this, we transferred the change into a steel bowl, and ever since it has been her new favourite toy.

If I rustle the change around, she comes running and is even as I type standing in the bowl flinging change around. She approaches the bowl and fluffs up, shaking her wings almost like she's in a seizure. She does this every time without fail.

The first video is of her and my husband. Usually she bobs her head like is shown in the vid without much prompting from him, but it's still quite a show. She never actually regurgitates thankfully, but comes close.We allow her to do this because she never takes the behaviour to the next level.

The second vid is of her and her change bowl, and yes, the change was washed first :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soSch3Q0DM8&feature=plcp]Kito the Senegal Parrot Head Bob - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDxgPXrBdbY&feature=youtu.be]Kito the Senegal Parrot and her Change Bowl - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• DSCF0137.jpg
    DSCF0137.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCF0313.jpg
    DSCF0313.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCF0314.jpg
    DSCF0314.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF0336.jpg
    DSCF0336.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCF0327.jpg
    DSCF0327.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 293

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
That is some interesting behavior. I'll have to give that a try with Sidney. I have the hardest time keeping him from being a bored bird thus running around looking for something to get into.

A couple of times it looked like Kito was tilting her head so that you could scratch her with one of the coins. I've had Sidney do that several times. He just loves being scratched with things that I have in my hand.

She is very cute, though. And very Senegal. :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
good idea for a toy never would have thought of it. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts