A evening without Java!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Java's new owners came out to take him today and as he went into the carrier my emotion hit me but I was holding it in while I say good bye to him through the carrier while I rub his toes and head for one last time. I felt horrible and sad, I broke down after he left....Even the reality hit my partner tonight looking at his empty cage, my partner actually liked Java somewhat....But it hit me the most, I'm sitting here across from the bird room and it is dead silent. I'm not used to this as he's always yapping away, screaming for me or what not. He also talks back and fourth with Malachai. Malachai is rather quiet tonight after he left....So I absolutely understand how hard it is to give up one of your babies even if they're evil. I have never given up on any birds before and he is my first ever in 16 years but I'm bottling in cause I need to remain calm for my other birds. At least the new owners have 30 years of experience with Cockatoos and they built him a large flight aviary for him so I hope he will be happy there.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Aww, it's nice that this was a choice though and not something you were forced into. Just remember he is with awesome people. I think saying good by to any bird, well behaved or not is always a hard thing.

Now you need to change your parrots info with your new addition as well.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
You have got me in tears OMG you must be devastated

Remember you DID it for the right reasons what was best for Java

All your birds reply on you and your partner, Malachai needs you both more now than ever

Be strong

Last edited:
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I was in tears after typing this last night....I know I've done my part, he's adventuring in his next stage of life. I just hope they follow my directions cause I got him healthy and in good feather condition.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I was in tears after typing this last night....I know I've done my part, he's adventuring in his next stage of life. I just hope they follow my directions cause I got him healthy and in good feather condition.

I am absolutely sure that they will follow your directions Mikey, you would not have let them take Java if you had any doubt whatsoever.

NOW GO GIVE

"Willie"
"Dixie"
"Riley"
,"Scooter"
"Max"
"Sybil"
"Nico"
"Romeo"
"Juliet"
"Jorge"&"Camilla"
"Goth"&"Glam"
"JoJo"&"Gracie"
"Malachai"

A BIG HUG

Ps... Hope I never left anyone out....

:grey:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh Mikey, I am so sorry!!! I wish I could give you a big, fat hug right now, or anytime you need one. :(

You are SUCH a great person, with SO much love in your heart, and SO much love to give!! Java will never forget you!!!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Now I'm putting full concentration on training Keiko and she's doing so surprisingly well that she's helping me cope without Java. I guess I'm better with macaws....

Most Reactions

Latest posts