A Happy endding to a very sad story ...

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
Okay, so today I popped into one of the pet shops I like to visit (to see the birds go figure) and there, on the check out desk, sitting on a wooden plat stand chewing quietly on a seed was the most adorable ****atiel I have ever seen! Grey and white, but it looked to be freckled with the grey. Anyways, I asked whose it was and the young guy who worked there told me the following story:

A woman had brought this little baby in to the store. She had ''found'' it near her house and she was worried about it. The poor thing had mites, had its wings clipped (more like butchered!!! - ALL feathers were chopped, including at least one blood feather - amazing the poor thing didn't bleed to death!!!). So she brings this poor bird into the store and they take it in. They got it vet care, med's for the mites and loads of love. It was scared, sick and hungry when it got to them. The woman (in my opinion an angel) told them that the man who had it (I guess she knows who it is) saw it land on the ground (outside) and didn't bother to go get it (he told her he figured a cat would just get it or whatever).

Okay, dab your eyes and get fresh tissues.

So there is this young guy who works at that store, he's a nice kid (about 18 - 20 maybe) and he has a real gentle disposition, real nice kid. So he took the responsability of rehabing this baby and needless to say they bonded REAL tightly. So, this baby (I forgot it's new name) has a new poppa and is such a sweet baby. She will step up for anyone, and is just about a year old. He is absolutely smitten with the baby and she with him. She makes no noise except the rare click. I held her for a moment and she LOVES head scritches. I'm talking turning her head nearly completely around, eyes closed and crest a flutter loves them.

Okay, tissues in the trash bin :) ...

So, that's my happy story for the day.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
What an angel that woman is and what a ********** that first guy was. (I tell ya I felt like feeding him to cats, of the big variety while I was reading)

I'm so glad that she got a new Parront, and they love each other equally as much as they seem to. What a happy ending to a sad story.

Over here we are so quick to blame "These Youngsters" for all sorts of cruelty and generally anything wrong with the world it seems, its nice to hear people give them praise especially when its due.

(I know that last paragragh sounded very against young people it is not intented that way at all.) :D

OP
indigo

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
No I know, young people often get blamed for things they had nothing to do with ...

For example: "those dammed kids driving like mad men!!" ... I've nearly been killed by countless old folks who cant see their nose let alone past it any more.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah exactly, so its not only here that blames the youngsters. Agree about the old folks, we were nearly in a really bad crash on Monday, when we were travelling on the motorway, A car pulled out right in front of us while we were travelling at about 70mph, luckily Andi swerved to miss him, he didn't even see us until we honked the horn, then wondered why we were so darn angry. He was acting like he was the only one on the road. :mad:

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
That's a good story. I'm so glad that bird found a good place to get better. Thanks for sharing!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I love the stories of the old people who get "the gas pedal and the brake pedal confused" when driving ... "gosh-dang contraptions, they keep switching the pedals on me"

Not all kids are mean/evil, and we have great examples of that right here on our forum: Meghan, Kelli, Slayor, QuakerOats & iluvSamban (I hope I didn't miss anyone ... sorry if I did) though they may be "self-proclaimed" trouble makers, but I have a feeling they are good kids, and I don't have to even speak about how they are with their fiddies!

~ :50:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Not all kids are mean/evil, and we have great examples of that right here on our forum: Meghan, Kelli, Slayor, QuakerOats & iluvSamban (I hope I didn't miss anyone ... sorry if I did)

No there not, and I wasn't trying to imply that they were, what I was saying is that a lot of people blame the kids for everything that goes wrong, so it was nice to hear someone give them credit when its deserved.

Yeah we have some great young people on here, and they keep us oldies in line. :D

Personally I don't think these youngsters get the credit they deserve half the time.

Most Reactions