A Play Stand For Poppy

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Poppy spent most of yesterday making herself at home on her new play stand. She screamed at it all morning, pouted most of the afternoon and right before her bedtime she was doing her cockatoo happy dance and climbing all over it. She kept saying Bye-Bye to the stand after she was back in her cage.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Poppy is soooo sweet Allee. She always looks so happy and such beautiful feathers. I am glad she came around to liking her new stand. The apples on there are a great idea.

Saying goodbye to it....how adorable!:D

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Lol @ Poppy's reaction:D She looks like she finally figured out that is where the fun is at though! I love the stand, it looks really fun. Lots of places for toys and the skewers for snacks. Are those ladder rungs replaceable?

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
That looks marvelous. Apparently *I* am Rocky's play stand.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks everyone!

April, all the wood is replaceable, good thing, it probably won't take her very long to remove it. I love the SS skewers, Poppy can be a stinker about eating raw food, but it helps if it doubles as a toy.

LaurenB

Oct 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Tiki //
Sun Conure - Nacho //
Indian Ringnecks - Kermit and Beaker
That is too sweet! I love how she said bye bye to it, like it's her new friend! That sounds like something a human child would do... But parrot children are so much cuter ;)

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I bought one close to the looks of that. BB loves it. I have already replaced most of the wood with Branches. So easy to clean and roll around the house.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Really nice stand and like the idea of skewers! One of the endearing traits of Toos is their relatively quick acceptance of change. You can see how much they "hate" something until they "love" it!

Judging by the look in Poppy's eye, she is asking to have the seed-guard removed and the stand pushed right up to the wall so she can customize the gold picture frame wood! :D

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Thanks Christine, I really like the design. Poppy can't fly so I try to encourage her to climb a lot. I was worried the stand would be too small, but it's huge compared to the stand Poppy's been using.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Thanks Christine, I really like the design. Poppy can't fly so I try to encourage her to climb a lot. I was worried the stand would be too small, but it's huge compared to the stand Poppy's been using.

I'm glad you said that. I have always been puzzled about birds not being able to fly. I have seen BB glide to the floor when he was spooked but he does not try to fly at all. He will grab something and flap his wings hard but that is about all. Was Poppy hurt ?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Poppy looks like she is loving her new stand! That looks alot like Talli's stand and I know how much he loves his:) Love the apples on there, I am stealing that idea:)

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
My 'too can't fly, either. He sometimes clings to his cage and flaps his wings like he knows he ought to be able to, but a bad clip in a previous home and shredded feathers (he did the shredding) combined, and he can't even glide. Never even attempts it. We're hoping his next molt and a peaceful home where he's loved and spoiled will stop the shredding. Why can't Poppy fly, Allee? Something similar?

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Hahaha Scott, I'm sure Poppy would dearly love to add her own designer touch to that frame. I love that Toos have no fear of new things, born to explore.

Christine and Valerie, Poppy was eight when I adopted her. She's been with me for almost two years, I've never had her clipped, but she shows no desire at all to fly. She flaps but never takes off. I don't think she was allowed to fledge, her vet could find no physical reason for her to be incapable of flight. She was also confined to a cage for most of her first eight years.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's a great play stand Allee! I like how it has lots of places to hang stuff. Glad Poppy loves it :).

I see the apples on the sides there... so those spokes come in and out easily? An added bonus!

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Poor Poppy. Her lucky day was when she ended up with you.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Julie, the four skewers on the sides are SS so you can remove and clean them, that was one of the things I really liked about this stand.

Valerie, I think Rocky and Poppy may have several things in common, besides the obvious. Rocky is also a lucky Too. Hard to believe anyone can be mean to them isn't it?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh, the skewers are FOR that.. Lol, I thought it was just you being your clever self :). What a deluxe play stand! Is Poppy going to let anyone else play on it, or is she going to tell them they have their own nice hanging gym?

Most Reactions