Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
I've noticed Audrey will only drink at night, when she is covered up! She doesn't want me to see! Its also funny because if I take a peek at her she gets really grumpy and climbs up to her perch all fluffy like as if to say "How dare you watch me drink!" Do your birds do this?

Trina

Jun 23, 2012
Nashville tn
Parrots
Screech - Sun Conure
Gitana - Eclectus
I rarely see mine drinking. She normally uses it as a sink to wash her beak and it becomes some nasty water quickly I think i change that water 3 to 4 times a day and it can be nasty especially if I give her a dab of yogurt. She eats that plain yogurt up she loves it but its really icky looking dripping from her beak LOL

The only think i have seen her wanting to drink and trying to press the issue was when i poured myself a cup of mocha ice coffee , she was on my breakfast bar i turned around to put the carton back in the frig ohh she moved really fast toward my cup and when i picked it up she got on my hand she wanted that...She didnt get any though LOL

Last edited:
OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Hahaha oh dear! I can imagine it would get dirty quickly then! I still clean Audrey's 3 -4 times a day because of the feather dust and the occasional poop that gets in there when she's on her play pen!

Haha they want whatever mummy is drinking! :p Coffee is much better than water! :p LOL. Audrey has gotten into my orange juice a few times, I have to make sure I never leave soft drink around :\

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Private Drinker, lol. Cute caption. :D

Hunter will just gracefully waddle over to her water dish and slowly sip her water, making sure it stays crystal clear at all times. She even wipes her beak BEFORE she waddles over to the water bowl.

Sam scurries over to his water and CLEANS his beak in it. I've even caught him sitting in his water dish. :32: Needless to say, I'm constantly giving him fresh water.

Niko. Ah yes, the Nikolai. He loves making wine. He doesn't dunk any food except grapes. :eek:

And as for juice, all of mine LOVE juice, with Pomegranate being the all time favorite, especially if I made it in my Juicer. :)

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Hahaha Niko the wine drinker! :p Cheeky birdy. Thankfully Audrey has never dunked any food, she likes to keep her water clean too lol!!

Pomegranate juice, its like heaven to them! xD

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Sinshine makes swamp soup with his water also! My lil Rio kept hers spic-n-span, so this whole swamp soup is new to me. But sunshine poops everywhere too,and is all around a slob where as Rio used the bathroom in only one spot and was clean. Its amazing how they are so much alike, and yet so different!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Codie does a very strange thing with her Water.. she dunks all her toys in the Water Bowl, then takes them out and sucks all the water from them :11: This seems to be the way she likes to drink LOL

kasberger

Oct 16, 2012
Menifee, California
Parrots
African Gray and Amazon and lesser sulfer
Lol....these are cute posts....our CAG is funny, every time he gets a cracker he will usually dunk it in water first...my guess is to make it soft.. we find all kind of wierd stuff in his water! Also he loves his daily ration of cardboard to chew, if he sees a box on the floor he will climb down to investigate and begin to chew apart...regardless of size.

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Hahahaha sounds like all of our birds are little oddballs!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
hahaha i love hearing about everyones birds :p

it appears fargo is normal when it comes to water!!! doesnt mess it up, doesnt dunk his food, doesnt clean his beak in it.. will just go there and drink normally whenever he gets thirsty or hot :)

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
My budgies wil put I don't know what on their water, a mix of pellets,litter and I don't know what.

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Hahahaha Tab, he will have his own weird quirks soon enough xD

moni.k

Sep 2, 2012
Pasadena, CA
Parrots
~SI female eclectus: Nalani~
~pineapple.turquoise GCC: Layla~
I'm with Trina, Nalani absolutely loves getting her water dirty... I will fill it up with fresh water and the next thing I know I find pieces of her toys, soggy veggies and whatnot hanging out in her bowl of water. She definitely finds joy in making her own version of soup daily... haha But I have never seen her drink water out of the bowl. hmm maybe she too is a private drinker. lol!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Love all the above posting, had a good giggle

After showering Mishka in the morning, he then goes and sits in his water bowl, flapping away.
His favourite word at the moment is water.....

000203FC.gif

Jollyjess80

Oct 23, 2012
Chico, CA
Parrots
Beeker: SI Eclectus,
Kianna: Grn Cheeked Conure
eclectus have a longer digestive tract than other parrots and ive read dairy can be very bad for them, maybe do some research on it and see what you find? please dont take this mean as i am just trying to share some of my knowledge with you :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts