A question

sanveaz

Apr 6, 2013
Louisiana
Parrots
1 timneh African grey
I keep reading about how greys are not snuggly birds. Escher is a 10 month old Timneh and loves to get up by my neck and snuggle. Will he outgrow this? I sure hope not. I've only had him since Saturday and I'm already loving when we snuggle every evening.

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
A lot depends on the bird and you. If you do this every night DO NOT miss a night or two if you can at all help it. On the other hand babies grow up and do not always need there parents. So if he stops wanting it all you can do is respect it and feel good about raising a emotionally healthy bird.

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
Well, I think it's true. From my experience with my AG I can tell that she was very cuddly at the beginning but than became more and more independent and less cuddly. Funny thing though, me and DH were on a vacation for a week and took our AG to birdysitter. After our return she again became very snuggly but only for few days. But don't worry, there is still lot's of interaction between us, she became more vocal talks a lot on "Parrotish" and we still have a good time together.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I have been guardian to 3 African Greys.
Only one was snugly and would cuddle under my t-shirt.
Mishka snuggles only when he is scared.
Each and every bird differs
Continue snuggling Escher .... you might be one of a few

Most Reactions