A sweet little birdie called Lovejoy 💖

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Oh @kme3388, I'm sorry the Aussies your parents encountered were so rude!! They couldn't have been in Queensland, folks are MUCH nicer up here! Just make sure you come to Queensland when you visit, won't you? Oh and visit New Zealand too while you're in the vicinity. Beautiful people, awesome scenery, fantastic food and wine and lots of exotic birds there too, you'd LOVE it!!
You are 100% correct. They were in Queensland. They were in a Carnival cruise. They said when they arrived in New Zealand it was much more what they were used to. It wasn’t a bad experience. They were just not used to how blunt things are.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You are 100% correct. They were in Queensland. They were in a Carnival cruise. They said when they arrived in New Zealand it was much more what they were used to. It wasn’t a bad experience. They were just not used to how blunt things are.
I can only apologise for that disgraceful behaviour, @kme3388, but I'm glad they didn't let the rudeness of a few ruin their holiday!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I can only apologise for that disgraceful behaviour, @kme3388, but I'm glad they didn't let the rudeness of a few ruin their holiday!
They wanted to see the koalas, and the kangaroos. They were told they are inland, and it’s rare to see a koala. My parents also said they gathered from the native people in Australia that kangaroos are pests there. We think they are fascinating over here. My parents were incredibly disappointed that they didn’t get to see one. The cruise line docked on the wrong side so they didn’t get to see all of the sharks Australia is known for either. I asked them about the cockatoo’s or the king parrots. They didn’t get to see them either. You are so lucky you get to see all of these things because you live in these areas.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
They wanted to see the koalas, and the kangaroos. They were told they are inland, and it’s rare to see a koala. My parents also said they gathered from the native people in Australia that kangaroos are pests there. We think they are fascinating over here. My parents were incredibly disappointed that they didn’t get to see one. The cruise line docked on the wrong side so they didn’t get to see all of the sharks Australia is known for either. I asked them about the cockatoo’s or the king parrots. They didn’t get to see them either. You are so lucky you get to see all of these things because you live in these areas.
I'm surprised they didn't see much wildlife, they should've gone to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary down on the Gold Coast, they have just about every type of bird there, kangaroos and emus you can walk among and feed, koalas you can cuddle, and they are famous for the flocks of wild rainbow lorikeets that come in for a feed twice a day, and you can buy a plate of nectar to feed them with too! Not to mention Steve Irwin's "Australia Zoo" on the Sunshine Coast, they've got a bit everything there too! Maybe they didn't get much time on land though, which is a great pity. Let me know if you or them ever decide to come over again, won't you? Cos I'll tell you where all the best touristy things are so you don't miss out!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Sadly, they were likely held to the schedule and limited free travel of the Cruise Line!

Julio has his favorite fruits, but has no love for flowers. At least has never shown any interest in them!
Julio probably just needs a pretty little hen like Peachie to show him the ropes with those eucalypt flowers. I'm betting he'd find both irresistible!! ❤️‍🔥

Most Reactions

Latest posts