Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well, mum is the ultimate protector for wee little roosters, isn't she?

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well, mum is the ultimate protector for wee little roosters, isn't she?
Yes she is, but Lovejoy really doesn't need protecting from Peachie. I'm pretty sure she'd "protect" him to within an inch of his life!! ;) ❤️‍🔥

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Miracles do happen!!!

Not sure why, maybe it's just too hot to be fighting today, but I FINALLY managed to get some photos of all five in the one shot! And the 'tiels are so relaxed they're even doing a little preening!!!

IMG_1460.jpeg
IMG_1463.jpeg
IMG_1466.jpeg

Détente didn't last long, I didn't think it would, but I'm just stunned they sat together for the few moments it took for me to get these shots!!

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Miracles do happen!!!

Not sure why, maybe it's just too hot to be fighting today, but I FINALLY managed to get some photos of all five in the one shot! And the 'tiels are so relaxed they're even doing a little preening!!!

View attachment 56609View attachment 56610View attachment 56611

Détente didn't last long, I didn't think it would, but I'm just stunned they sat together for the few moments it took for me to get these shots!!

Look at the whole flock together!!! That is one beautiful flock!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you! It wasn't long before the 'tiels got nervous and flew off, but it was a beautiful thing while it lasted!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwwww! I have to agree, what a gorgeous flock all hanging out together! ♥️ That look on Peachie's face... Clearly the organizer of the party! Maybe she's practicing for a birdie family Christmas card photo? :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwwww! I have to agree, what a gorgeous flock all hanging out together! ♥️ That look on Peachie's face... Clearly the organizer of the party! Maybe she's practicing for a birdie family Christmas card photo? :)
Heeeeeyyyyyyy, a flock Christmas photo is a great idea!! These pics might just have to do for that though cos I don't know if or when lightning will ever strike again - I think these shots were miraculous enough given how fighty and flighty they usually are!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hmm, I am going with an astronomical alignment of our solar planets. They come together and then separate as if nothing every happened!

Take what you have and go with it! After all, alignments are rare!!
Right?? It's rarer than rocking horse :poop:!! And my chances of being quick enough to capture it on camera again? Even rarer!!!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Miracles do happen!!!

View attachment 56609View attachment 56610View attachment 56611

Détente didn't last long, I didn't think it would, but I'm just stunned they sat together for the few moments it took for me to get these shots!
Im the only multi-parrot owner that I know personaly(Im talking about people i've met out of labtop) but im impressed that so many types of parrots can get along!(P.S but Andys being a doll for her boyfriend!)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Im the only multi-parrot owner that I know personaly(Im talking about people i've met out of labtop) but im impressed that so many types of parrots can get along!(P.S but Andys being a doll for her boyfriend!)
It's like I've got two little "cartels" working here, there's Lovejoy, Val and Peachie in one corner, and Fang and Jem in the other. They manage to co-exist peacefully MOST of the time, but when hostilities break out it will be Jem who started it and you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be Lovejoy who finishes it!!

Handsome little rooster pic for tax ;)

IMG_1454.jpeg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
One would guess that Jem had come to understand that when the RED comes flying that any negotiations have already ended! Just guessing, that this time next year, the number of uprising will greatly decrease! Time will tell, but that is my play on this kind of event.

The Power of the Red!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
One would guess that Jem had come to understand that when the RED comes flying that any negotiations have already ended! Just guessing, that this time next year, the number of uprising will greatly decrease! Time will tell, but that is my play on this kind of event.

The Power of the Red!!
That is very true, Uncle Boats. Even true-er I think since Princess Peachie has joined the flock and the cartels have taken shape. Peace was only ever a very shaky option at best, but now the gloves are well and truly off!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
One of the major selling points of the house we’re in now was the sliding doors that enable me to keep birdies out of the kitchen, ESPECIALLY tiny little curious ones like Lovejoy who could get themselves into SO much trouble! I’ve also hung curtains over the doorways to slow them right down when the doors are left open to allow fresh air to circulate during the summer months, which means I’m often greeted by the sight of the little red rooster peeking into the forbidden territory of the kitchen!!
IMG_1513.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts