A tale of two cages....which do I choose

jonahsmom

Jun 18, 2012
Parrots
Buddy - green cheek conure; Luna - yellow crowned amazon; Bella - miniature dachshund; Schatzie - affenpinscher; RIP Boudreaux - timneh african grey
Okay - so we're trying to figure out which cage to get Bu. He needs a new one desperately as the one he came to us with is in tuuurrrrible shape. These are the two that I really like, and I'm looking for some opinions.

I really REALLY like this cage:

40"x31"x75" Parrot Bird Cage Ladders Play Top Perch Finch Cages Black Vein | eBay

I really like the cool playtop and Bu is always looking for something fun to do and I think this could be really fun for him. BUT it's really tall when you factor in the playtop. We've measured and think it will be absolutely fine, but looking for any cons y'all might see.

The other one we like is this one: Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Cage - Parrot Bird Cage and Playtop Bird Cage from Petco.com

Any opinions????

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
the first one didn't show up. What is the bar spacing on the first one? It sounds like a really nice size.

OP
J

jonahsmom

Jun 18, 2012
Parrots
Buddy - green cheek conure; Luna - yellow crowned amazon; Bella - miniature dachshund; Schatzie - affenpinscher; RIP Boudreaux - timneh african grey

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
I like the first one with the cool playtop . My GCC would love that : )

OP
J

jonahsmom

Jun 18, 2012
Parrots
A friend of mine also has that first cage and said it's a good cage and really likes it. She said it's not the absolutely highest quality, but she said far from crap. I think the playtop looks super fun. I wish they made a version with 1/2" bar spacing because I think our GCC would love one, too. He'd escape pretty easily I'm afraid! LOL

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
i bought the petco cage before but returned it. i like cages to have a more rectangular shape and the petco one was a really big square. the width and the height on it was way too big for my home. the height of the toy hook nearly reached my ceiling. i also didn't like the feeder doors on the cage i received. i think the cage i got was a bad make.

i think the first cage is probably better for you.

OP
J

jonahsmom

Jun 18, 2012
Parrots
Thanks all. :) Between the info on the cage my friend gave me and what you guys have said, I think I'll go with my gut instinct to get the one with the super cool playtop. I love all the ladders,the toy hook, everything about it!!! Plus, I agree with conuregirl....I really prefer a more rectangular cage. Square just sees oddly shaped to me for some reason. LOL Yay! I can't wait to get Bu Bird in his new cage. :D

Most Reactions